Unwanted Items Added to Orders - help

We are running prestashop 1.5.4.1 with the standard theme (css customised).   The store's first order included two french items which are not listed in the shop (listed as Écouteurs à isolation sonore Shure SE210 and iPod touch - Capacité: 32Go) .   I searched through the databases and delete these items from order_detail table and sure enough they disappeared from the order shown in the Back Office.   I dont know why they appeared if they have really been deleted from the system.  Unfortunately they had shown up in the email to the customer who is very unimpressed. 

I tried to see if the problem was resolved by placing a test order and now the system is adding one of our range to the order.  So the french items seem to have disappeared (for now) but if I order item A the shopping basket only shows item A and I can pay for this.  But the confirmation email to the shop owner and customer shows item A and B have been ordered with the total only showing the price of item A.   What on earth is going on?  This is really worrying us.  How can we resolve this issue?

Hi Vekia.  I have somehow managed to clear the problem simply by placing fake orders repeatedly.  I read elsewhere on this forum that it may be something to do with old orders which have been deleted.  Somehow these ghost orders are being added to new orders.  It made sense to me as some of the products added no longer exist and are not listed in the shop anywhere.  The first incorrect order (a real one from a customer unfortunately) had the two items which appear in the sample John Doe order which I had deleted. The following orders all had different items in them which were not ordered.

So I have kept adding fake orders and for ages they all had different ghost items in addition to the items ordered.  Now finally the orders I am placing are correct.  I presume that the old deleted orders were say numbers 1-12.  After they were deleted the first order was given the number 1 by the system but I think the items from the old deleted order 1 were also added to this order.  I hope I making sense.  So by placing new orders I have managed to get the orders numbers past the the 'ghosh history' orders.  Why on earth this happening I do not know.  And worse it has severely dented our confidence in prestashop.  Will these ghost items reappear in the future?  If my theory is wrong then they could :(