Modules 500 error

When clicking on modules tab this is what we get nearly constantly.  Modules are painfully slow to access - maybe 5 minutes to open the page, if it doesn't give the 500 error message.

Is there anyone out there willing to have a look at our site and tell us what is causing the problem, please?

Thanks

Hi, whenever you receive a 500 or  blank page you need to find the underlying error message.

this can be accomplished by turning on errors in PrestaShop, http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information/

and/or

from your hosting control panel, you should have logs, look for error log.

Hi

This was already set to true - and we are not getting any error information beyond the error message below:

http://gourmandenormande.com/adminlws/index.php?controller=AdminModules&token=5040c4044262a9ed71bb3b1e67295e3c

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Nothing is showing in the log either.

Hi

This was already set to true - and we are not getting any error information beyond the error message below:

http://gourmandenormande.com/adminlws/index.php?controller=AdminModules&token=5040c4044262a9ed71bb3b1e67295e3c

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Nothing is showing in the log either.

Please contact your hosting company to determine why you are not seeing this error in your error log.

Another option is config/defines.inc.php to get more info

define('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_', true);

maybe this will give us more info (make  sure to turn off when completed)

I have been onto the hosting company (godaddy) based in the US and they have informed me that the modules element of my web site makes hundreds of requests constantly night and day and causes our ip address to be black listed (although it has been white listed previously). 

Solution recommended is to delete all the modules (as we cannot access them) and then add them individually one by one until we find the one that is causing the problem.  Clearly this is going to be a major pain in the arse.

I have been onto the hosting company (godaddy) based in the US and they have informed me that the modules element of my web site makes hundreds of requests constantly night and day and causes our ip address to be black listed (although it has been white listed previously). 

Solution recommended is to delete all the modules (as we cannot access them) and then add them individually one by one until we find the one that is causing the problem.  Clearly this is going to be a major pain in the arse.

did you follow my advice above?  i.e. define('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_', true);

Hi

Yes we have done that and we got lots of information back - but the information wont display for the modules page - but for all the others it does.

We have put the web site in maintenance for the moment - presumably that doesnt change anything.  Can I give you access to our site - either through the prestashop back office or through your IP address? 

Thanks

if you are unable on your own to get errors to display, then all is lost.

you will not be able to maintain any website without being able to display errors on demand.

I suggested earlier to contact your hosting company to help you get error log.  I think this is still best advice.

The problem is now solved. As far as my Prestashop Knowledge is limited, i may be wrong but I'll let some information here in the hope that it may help someone.

As El Patron said, we needed to gather information in order to solve this problem but main problem was that we were unable to. We called our hosting company and they told us that to much transfer were done when we were loading the module page, leading them to display a 500 internal error. Even if it is a server issue, the problem were coming from our side (our Prestashop configuration) :

In this case, it looked like we were trying to get error message (by making configuration in define config file) from Prestashop in a page he's unable to load. So we were unable to get errors to display on the page that interested us. Without the 500 Error message, I think that the define('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_', true); would have made obvious that one of the module were asking to much to the server.

So, we put the website in maintenance, activated the error display and we "dirtily" desactivated the "sick" module by renaming it using our FTP (so he won't load). We still don't have any clue to explain why it became worst and worst with times because we don't have changed it configuration (or whatever related) in a long time.

I would like to thanks you for your help and your time.

here is a handy (free) module I wrote, it's a must have for 'all' shop managers.  This will allow you to review current php settings that ps is running under.  This is basically a phpinfo() but when run as module will show you the true php settins, errors, error log etc.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/278164-free-module-display-php-environment-phpinfo-back-office/

some modules contact the outside world, it's possible that the module was contacting a very slow server, or server down

happy selling