[Solved] Categories not visible in horizontal top menu backoffice.

My horizontal topmenu does not show created categories or DB imported categories in backoffice.

It's a new PS 1.6 installation. I tried reinstalling but no luck. All CMS categories do show.

They are all set to visible. everything else seems to work.

I have no idea what the problem might be.  :unsure:  anybody any ideas?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solved.

The Id_group in categorie_group wasn't "0"

I thought I checked that already, guess I didn't. :blink:

post-796539-0-52240300-1400155833_thumb.jpg

Edited by noek (see edit history)

Hi, where you repaired this? In DB? My Root is id_category 1 and my Home is id_category 2 - is this problem?

Have same problem, my 1.6.0.6 is not showing categories in blocktopmenu, backoffice when I want filter product by category, in categories creation window.. It was upgraded from 1.5.2.0.

Thank you,

Hi, where you repaired this? In DB? My Root is id_category 1 and my Home is id_category 2 - is this problem?

this is normal.

It is possible there is something wrong with "Root"

since you already mentioned that  ID-Category_lang has a record named  'Root'  this is what you can check.

One of the tables is ps_category_group... check it has a record with id_category --> value of 1, and id_group --> value of 0

then check ps_category_shop has a record with id_category -->value of 1,  id_shop--> value of 1, and position -->value of 1.

If for some reason it doesn't match, alter it and it should work again. (do not forget to make a backup first, in case it doesn't work)

For me, after solving this problem there were some other problems with modules related to this problem that didn't go away. so eventualy I started from scratch with a new db and added everything (except category tables) manually. Then created new categories in backoffice and my problem was finally solved.

There should be a better sollution, but nobody seems to know (or share) it.

I noticed with several other shops that the upgrade went without any problems (except for layout) after deleting external modules. I did have to reinstall them later and fill them. But it wasn't as much work as rebuilding a DB (and having to refill those modules as well, since the upgrade *@(&$# up everything in them)

Edited by noek (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

I have a similar problem with version 1.0.6.8 in that none of the CMS categories or CMS pages show as available items in the blocktopmenu. 

I have managed to solve this myself.

In file Modules > blocktopmenu > blocktopmenu.php

I changed the 0,1 to 1,2 in line 1079

So I changed:

$html .= $this->getCMSOptions(0, 1, $this->context->language->id, $items);

to:

$html .= $this->getCMSOptions(1, 2, $this->context->language->id, $items);

CMS categories and pages now appear. :D

• 1 month later...

I am not very happy about this fix. My database is performing fine. This is the kinda stuff that could ruin your day messing with a DB. 

Is there a fix within the module files? 

I am not going to alter a working DB to accommodate a module. Especially if EVERYTHING else is working besides this module. 

Everything shows besides the categories inside the module and my store is working fine. 

****My other category modules work so how is it my DB ???? !!!!!!!

Will someone help me out here?        THANKS

I like this module because when it goes to a mobile width it changes the menu to a slide .... I love that. Hence you don't need a mobile template... which is cool.