Google Sitemap Includes deleted content

I am using google sitemap V 2.3.5 in PS 1.5.3.1

For some reason, it is including products that have been deleted from the BO.

Is there a purge or something I need to do with the database or why is this happening?

It seems as if the deleted content that is still showing was deleted during when I deleted a few unused categories and chose to also delete all products within as indicated by the option prompts when deleting the category.

Also, the sitemap module is only picking up roughly half of the products and nothing that has been added in the past few months.

Any ideas? I know this module is buggy but the main complaint I have seen has to do with friendly urls. In my case, the urls are fine by why the hell is it adding pages that no longer exist???????

Edited by Whispar1 (see edit history)

Thanks for the link. Yeah I saw that post yesterday but it does not apply for me? I only have (1) sitemap being generated. I even deleted it off the server and regenerated the sitemap and still, old data urls are on sitemap and new urls are missing....even updating to 2.3.9 didn't help matters.

Edited by Whispar1 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Worth a try, I'm using an older version so the only other suggestion is can you try using a different site map builder. 

You could try from google webmaster, bing webmaster, or your host may have a sitemap generator, generate them and compare.

There are others generators available if you do a search but I've never used them so don't know if there are any issues.

Good luck,

Chris G

Google takes a while to index and deindex sites.

For sure, but G's indexing is not the problem. Prestashop is the issue. The sitemap that Prestashop is creating contains product urls that do not exisist in my store any more plus is not picking up new additions for the past 4 months or so...

ps If you look at the other thread someone has suggested a couple of alternatives

Yeah, I will take a look - I have a few others I am testing now so I will report back.

• 1 month later...