[SOLVED] How to Edit/Change text in the checkout proccess for carriers.

Hi there,

My business does about 90% custom packaging to ship to our clients.
This means that the client needs to complete the order process and only then we can calculate the shipping charge. We then email them the updated amount (now including the shipping) and they pay us and we ship once the funds have cleared into our account.

I don't know if there is a shipping module for this need as Prestashop calculating shipping is built in, but this is not a problem as I can simply add a new carrier. What is my problem is that I need the system to show something like "We will get back to you with a shiping amount" instead of "Free!".

Please see attached example...

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Thanks

13872_pmy4GmycOaOPxFitzE0I_t

If you just want to change 'Free!' to 'We will contact you' for all carriers, you can simply go to Tools > Translations, choose Front Office Translations, click a flag, look for 'Free!' under 'order-carrier', enter 'We will contact you', then click save.

If you want some carriers to say 'Free!' and others to say 'We will contact you', you will have to modify order-carrier.tpl in your theme's directory. Change line 80 from:

{l s='Free!'}

to:

{if $carrier.id_carrier == 1}{l s='We will contact you'}{else}{l s='Free!'}{/if}

where 1 is the ID of the carrier you want to display 'We will contact you'.

Awesome!

It works perfectly! :) (please see attached)

Thanks for the help. PrestaShop is seriously great software and it is what I have been looking for , for a looong time now.

Added bonus is that the forum support is incredible.

Keep up the great work!

13950_1aZD9IlSOUxDMnyPFEZ0_t

Just one question I forgot to ask...

If I have more than one carrier that I wish to have the same custom text for, what would the context be?

"{if $carrier.id_carrier == 9 , 15}" <--- I have tried a few different methods but nothing works.

Thanks