Editor not showing anywhere in backoffice

I have done two separate installs of Prestashop 1.6.0.6. from fresh and both have the same problem. The editor does not show anywhere in the back office. there is always the same error in the java console: 

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)

Failed to load: //mydomain/dgps/adminxxxx//filemanager/plugin.min.js  

Everything else loads ok. the config page looks good; no missing files. Note that the address has an extra "/" after adminxxxxEverything else loads as 

//mydomain/dgps/adminxxxx/whatever . . . 

This causes the problem. It seems like either, somewhere, the definition of the admin directory is wrong or somewhere in the code that loads the editor an extra slash is being added. The rest of the js loads fine so the former seems unlikely. has anyone seen this problem?

(note: I had to leave out the http so that the forum shows the whole url)

Edited by jpsynergy (see edit history)

Obviously, unless I can solve this issue I will not stay with Prestashop. As a last resort for one day, I am going to start experimenting with modifying the code in various files and see if I can change either the definition of the base admin folder variable or the file that is attempting to call/include /filemanager/plugin.min.js.

Does anyone have any ideas of where to start looking?

After no responses from the forum, I began digging into this myself and solved the issue. The problem is bad code in js/tiny_mce/tinymce.min.js.

The following code builds the path that was giving me a problem.

{plugins:f,external_filemanager_path:s+"/filemanager/",filemanager_title:"File manager",external_plugins:{filemanager:s+"/filemanager/plugin.min.js"},skin:"prestashop",resize:false,theme:"modern"})

I deleted the slash before filemanager/plugin.min.js:

{plugins:f,external_filemanager_path:s+"/filemanager/",filemanager_title:"File manager",external_plugins:{filemanager:s+"filemanager/plugin.min.js"},skin:"prestashop",resize:false,theme:"modern"})

I changed the code in the js file and everything works fine. Bug.

Edited by jpsynergy (see edit history)

Just an additional note I had the same issue with an error on the image dialogue (find an image on the server):

Therefore, in tinymce.min.js, I also had to change the path to the external plugins from   

{plugins:f,external_filemanager_path:s+"/filemanager/"

to 

{plugins:f,external_filemanager_path:s+"filemanager/"

After, everything worked fine with the image dialogue