email not working

hi my email is not working its says that it is sent from the back page and the contact page.The email never comes,i tried the advanced setting and the normal settings nothing,i have even tried some stuff off of http://www.presto-changeo.com/....nothing any ideas its not my host cause i have used all other ecommerce carts and they worked.

Please help im a bit stuck :-)

• 2 weeks later...

hi all

i still cant get my emails to work,

i contacted my host and they said everything is fine i have tried every setting and diff email adds and nothing.

i am using latest ps.

any help some one im really struggling with this one

cheers

I'm like pcsparez. I've done almost everything but email keeps not working.

E-mails are not working with the exception that the merchant receives (a new order, and out-of-stock products) - the others (the customer e-mails are not sent: new account, password emails, orders, newsletter confirmation link....).

I've tried mail() funciont, SMTP configuration, changing e-mail to my domain instead using gmail and nothing seems to work.

I've copied my shop (1.5.2, but the problem started at 1.5.1) and did an upgrade to 1.6.05 and the e-mails didn't work. I've installed mailalerts module 2.8 and I didn't work, I've upgraded it several times (through it's several versions and that didn't work).

I've installed a new fresh 1.5.2 prestashop store for testing purpose and that works... I've copied e-mails from this fresh installation to my real shop (some member refered to transation problems) and that didn't work either...

I've did this test usingcsschopper.com sugestion and that work... so it has to be in prestashop, but where?!

I now this problem started with upgrading some modules (mailalerts and others) but I can solve it...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!