Special prices generator for VIP customers (or other)

Hey everyone.

In my store we needed to create a generator that creates special prices (discounts) for our employees and for our VIP customers. Since we have extremely various margins on our products we weren't able to set a default discount for a customer group because we sometimes would lose money on some products and sometimes the discount wouldn't be as much as we would like to offer.

To the point - our employees have a DISCOUNT OFF OUR MARGIN 90% so we never undergo the price we pay to our suppliers but our workers have a nice price. The same thing is with our VIP customers - they have 40% discount off our margin.

We have created a script that is set into a cron tab and it regenerates special prices every day so it contains newly added products.

My question is - is here someone interested in this feature so we should create a module for that? It would need some time to be modified for better usability. We are already satisfied with it so it would be useless time spent if no one wanted it.

I don't think it already belongs to a module section but if it does - my apologies for putting it here.

• 7 months later...

Hi there, Randaal.

The special prices generator, based on margin discount seems like a great idea. I`m surprised that there is no response to your post. Does that means everyone put stiff margins on their products?  :blink:

I am working on very various margins either and such a module could be a great relief for me.