Switching quickly between themes?

Hi guys,

We run a succesful e-commerce website that we started in September. Up until now, we have been using Prestashop's default free template.

Now, the time has come for an improved template.

We have set our sights on this theme (here), that is compatible with version 1.4.1.0 to 1.6.0.6

We run 1.5.4.1

Can we just buy theme and upload it to the right theme folder in Cpanel's File Manager, select it in the back office, then move back to our default free Prestashop theme in a flash? Will everything look the same? Will all the modules still be activated/deactivated the way they were before we selected the other theme? (i.e. can we activate the theme to see how it looks for a second, then change back without any issues?)

Thanks for shedding a light on this!

Edited by michaelgrey (see edit history)

Will everything look the same? Will all the modules still be activated/deactivated the way they were before we selected the other theme? (i.e. can we activate the theme to see how it looks for a second, then change back without any issues?)

if you will use that way, theme you will turn on  may not work well due to the differencies in modules and modules configuration.

• Like 1

unfortunately, nope. 

this is in my opinion one of the blind-spot of prestashop.

the best way at the moment is... creating full backups of files + database, then if you will want to replace changes to your original version, then put backup back.