No option to upload images

I am trying to create a product but when i go to the image tab there is just a blank page. There is no option to upload an image. I've gone to the server and made sure the permissions for the img directory is set to 755 recursively. And I've browsed every square inch of the admin section looking for something that I need to approve or install.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Or what the problem might be?

I'm running Prestashop 1.6.0.5

when i go to the image tab there is just a blank page

blank page = errors

please turn on error reporting, then instead of blank page you will see detailed log with information about error (what and where doesnt work) - i hope so ;)

I googled how to turn on error reporting and got this info:

open: config/defines.inc.php

find this line: define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

change to look like this: define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

I went into the config/defines.inc.php and changed the false to true but the image page still shows the white page. No error reporting shows.

ok, so now try to this:

open browser console (in chrome ctrL+shif+j) then open product edit page

you will see in log various lines with information about features that are loaded in background

do you see there some RED errors? (lines bolded with red color instead of standard black)

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token , jquery.fileupload.js:158

1. Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'fileupload' of undefined jquery.fileupload-process.js:32

1. Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'fileupload' of undefined jquery.fileupload-validate.js:33

1. Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type application/javascript: "http://globalmobilestore.com/admin3079/themes/default/js/vendor/enquire.min.js". modernizr.min.js:4

1. Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type application/javascript: "http://globalmobilestore.com/admin3079/themes/default/js/admin-theme.js". modernizr.min.js:4

1. Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function VM684:25

Ok. I hope we can get this figured out today. Thanks for all the help so far.

I uncompressed a fresh install of Prestashop and uploaded the entire js directory onto my server replacing all the js files. But nothing has changed.

I can add images to categories its just products that Im having trouble with. Still a blank page.

Edited by cybermatrix (see edit history)