Error, please verify the card information - paypal pro

Error, please verify the card information

above is the message customers receive when using paypal pro on our Presta Shop 1.5.6.2

We just installed the update to paypal pro.  We have had paypal pro since October 2013.

This problem was going on last week with the non-updated version of paypal pro, we thought updating would solve the problem.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mary

attaching screen shots

Welcome to the PayPal Pro nightmare! lol. it is worth it but boy was it hard to set up. Ok so here is what I did to make it work:

1) Make sure your api info is all correct... I know I know you cut and paste but make sure there is no white space and that you in fact got ever single character.

2) Since you just signed up for Pay Pal Pro check your error log in your back office... do you see an ERROR: 10501??

If so what happens is that even though you have signed up for Pay Pal Pro it does not always automatically activate. You will need to call Pay Pal and ask them to turn on your API.

3) Also, for some reason, this seemed to help too... in your Pay Pal Manager don't include any special characters in your password such as #,$,%,^, etc... use only number and a mix of upper and lower case letters. I don't know why but when I used a special character it would not work.

4) Make sure you have the most up to date version of the Pay Pal Pro Module. 

The error you are seeing is a generic Prestashop error.  More then likely your account has not been turned on yet. You should call Pay Pal. Once I did all the errors went away and I was up and going pretty quickly.