PAYPAL: To open an account is MANDATORY, nasty change !

Hi all,

Just to confirm that PAYPAL has changed recently its procedure.

If the customer is not in the same country as the vendor they force the customer to open a Paypal account.

This without warning. SHAME.

I phoned Paypal and they confirmed, saying they are working on that :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

I have already several customer complaining about that and less sales, a scandal.

Found "PayPlug" and implemented it immediately, I guess they will have a sudden burst of customers, tanks to this stupid decision of Paypal.

Best

maybe it's all about fraud or requirements by regulatory, else there would not be retired cc programmers like me...rock on.

paypal accepting 21 curriences, coupled with ps geo by country default currency and browse  language detection is a dream boat for international shops...

happy selling

For those who rely on their shop for a living, this is just raw irresponsibility.

My shop relied just on paypal as a clearing house, for years, not warning the shop owners is a scandal, whatever the reason.

I saw on Ebay (the shop who owns paypal by the way) that they (paypal) now automatically open an account.

So yes, happy sellings without paypal?!?!?