[SOLVED] If friendly urls enabled then product images do not show

My images only display when friendly urls is disabled.  As soon as I enable friendly urls the images are replaced with question marks.

I need the friendly urls to be enabled otherwise my cms pages and links to images in slider do not work.

What do i do????

I am using bootstrap default theme.

I had the same problem on cms pages where images was placed in module folder. Since i use file manager to manage images (images ale located in img/cms/ folder) problem is gone.

I don't know why and I'll be grateful if someone explain me why this happen.

Edited by tmk (see edit history)

have you tried to turn on / off these options in various configuration?

i suggested that. not to set it up to the same as i posted.

ok i'll try that next.  In meantime my server has confirmed that:

" I can confirm that the server you are on does support url rewriting and is already enabled on your hosting account."

ok i'll try that next.  In meantime my server has confirmed that:

" I can confirm that the server you are on does support url rewriting and is already enabled on your hosting account."

have you tried to turn on / off these options in various configuration?

i suggested that. not to set it up to the same as i posted.

I have changed each of these one at a time and checked each time and ? marks still appear.  I then changed them back again; still no difference.  I disabled friendly urls and then renenabled - no difference

I then regenerated thumbnails just for "product" and then "home_default" to see if that made a difference.  No difference whatsoever.  The ? mark images are still there!!

Feeling very frustrated now so hope you can help more.

can you show how the url to image looks like? (no matter which one)

if i right click on the question mark image in the front office the path is www.theredgiraffe.co.uk/38-home_default/navy-chiffon-scarf.jpg

See screen shot for path in file managerpost-791095-0-20910800-1399722497_thumb.gif

if i right click on the question mark image in the front office the path is www.theredgiraffe.co.uk/38-home_default/navy-chiffon-scarf.jpg

See screen shot for path in file managerattachicon.gifScreenHunter_03 May. 10 12.25.gif

This has been solved.

I renamed the .htaccess file and then regenerated it by diasbling friendly urls, saving and the re-enabling them and saving.  This creates a new .htaccess file.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...