Cant edit module text

Hello,

so im using not default EN language in my eshop. So all modules have 2 translation files: en and lt, but if I would like to edit text in module.tpl file? I tryed to do it, cuz i need to add more text and change some things but result = the same. 

For example I need to edit cheque module so i open templates/hook/payment.tpl file, change some things and after refresh its looking the same. 

Where is my problem? Thank u for help!

Try to clear cache and recompile in BO> Advanced Parameters >Performance

I can change text value only in translations. But why I can`t change all code? Add more lines , other text...

perhaps your module .tpl file is overrided by your theme?

check your theme directory, modules subdirectory

if module .tpl files exists there - you have to change files there (not original module files)

perhaps your module .tpl file is overrided by your theme?

check your theme directory, modules subdirectory

if module .tpl files exists there - you have to change files there (not original module files)

Nice :) finally! thank u.

And one more question. My e shop have 2 columns (left  - main ). I add additional payment module like cashondelivery++ and how to delete left column just in this module? For example like bankwire module has a option in appearance of column: module-bankwire-validation and i can easily check X for left column and X for right column. But how should I control my additional cod++ module? Or how to add this module to appearance of column list.

everything depends on how module is created 

default cashondelivery module has got: /cashondelivery/controllers/front/validation.php file

there is a code like: public $display_column_left = false; to disable left column

you can add the same code in controller of your payment module.

everything depends on how module is created 

default cashondelivery module has got: /cashondelivery/controllers/front/validation.php file

there is a code like: public $display_column_left = false; to disable left column

you can add the same code in controller of your payment module.

Okey, my additional module cod++ also has $display_column_left = false, but left column still on.