CSV Upload > Multistore > Products > Add Products to ALL STORES?

Does anyone know how to add Products via CSV Import such that the products are created for ALL STORES when Multistore is turned on???

I specifically need to know what to put in the ID / Name of Shop field.

Having so much trouble with this and the Prestashop manual does not address this.

Ideally it would be great to put "All Shops" and be done with it.

Thanks, much appreciated!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone know how to add Products via CSV Import such that the products are created for ALL STORES when Multistore is turned on???

If from CSV Import the products are associated with a category that is assign to all stores then the products will be available to all stores.

If the name of categories are different from one store to another use comma to assign the products to multiple categories.

That what I find very odd about the CSV import function I just do not understand it.

What happens if you have a Category Tree like this:

Mens > Jeans

> Shirts

Boys > Jeans

> Shirts

Since the Category Field is  ;cat1,cat2; How do i define the Category Tree in the csv import file?

What separator is used to define the branches of the tree?

In cs-cart these are defined with "///" , eg:  ;Mens///Jeans,Boys///Jeans;

But how do i do this in Prestashop?

I could not find any explanation in the documentation.

Update,

Upon spending more time fiddling.. I found that the Categories CSV import needed to be performed in "chunks"

That is you could not have lines defining home > parent-cats and then lines defining sub-cats of parent-cats > sub-cats, and so on.

Even if the top of the tree was defined first.. otherwise errors were created. Each cat will have its own ID no. It may be best to use auto-increment option.

You need to import the Parents first, then import the next level, then the next... and so on.

Its all quite tedious.

When importing products, you need to define the category ID numbers for the product. So, I gave up at this point, but I think I'd need to first export the Category vs ID to csv then find/replace using a text editor substituting the cat' names for their ID's

The task of creating a excel spreadsheet to crunch the data exported from other carts is mid-boggling, and it is faster to just type in the new categories by hand.

Basically the import csv function is only useful for PS to PS.

Another issue that I just cant deal with is the absence of a Category Tree in the Admin.

Edited by remoteONE (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

I specifically need to know what to put in the ID / Name of Shop field.

Having so much trouble with this and the Prestashop manual does not address this.

Ideally it would be great to put "All Shops" and be done with it.

Thanks, much appreciated!

I was looking for a solution for this and I couldn't find any. And no solution to fix it afterwards (lets say you already imported the products and made all the work to translate them etc..). 

SO..

If you ever want to export products, make sure they are ALL in ALL PRODUCTS (root) category! I use export module: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/37900-free-module-products-export-module-v252-updated-22022016/

1. When importing, the trick is in not putting ANY shop number in the Shop ID field.

2. If you already messed up, in the database you can ADD the product to other shops. Database > ps_product_shop > find the product > copy the line, but change the shop id. 

This creates another entry for the same product, but for the other shop. 

I DONT KNOW the consequences of doing this yet, but so far seems to be working fine.

I hope this helps some of the people with this problem.. :)

Phoebe