PayPal 1.3.3 module not returning to website properly

soapcommander

So excited to be launching my new website via Prestashop 1.6 soon using the default bootstrap template (which kudos to the developers on that beauty)  I've been testing different portions of the site and I'm good on just about everything however, PayPal Standard is not returning customers to my website properly IMO.  Here's what happens...maybe you have an easy solution....

When a customer checks out of PayPal, they are directed back to my site in about 6 seconds.  So far so good, but when they return to the site, there is no order confirmation/verification and worse, their cart still shows the items in the cart until they click anywhere on the site...then the cart is emptied and the can find their order in the history.

Just really looking to clean this up.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I am new to Prestashop but have a background in Zencart (don't hate me) :)

Thanks in advance.

Soap Commander

• Like 1

I have seen the same problem amongst other problems with PayPal yesterday while testing a new site with Prestashop 1.6.0.6 and PayPal USA/Canada 1.3.3 for PayPal Payments Advanced with ExpressCheckout in Sandbox mode. The one time I actually got it to work in Sandbox, I saw the same problem when it returned to my site, no verification, products still shown in cart. After clicking the checkout button a couple of times, it came up with an empty cart. I noticed that as along as I don't make any changes to the cart when it has an item in it with free shipping and the calculated taxes it will go thru to PayPal and then come back as mentioned above.

The rest of the time I get this:

Unexpected payment error

Unfortunately, an error occured while communicating with PayPal.

Short Error Message: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

Detailed Error Message: The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.

Error Code: 10413

Please contact our Customer service and mention this error code to get this issue resolved.

This has been mentioned in another topic, which I also replied to and think they may be related. Apparently, if I add charges to the cart at checkout, such as overnight shipping instead of free shipping or gift wrapping, they are added into the cart but the cart total is not always recalculated and PayPal sees that the total of the line items do not match the reported cart total and kicks out the error message above. Sometimes the cart total is actually recalculated on the screen but PayPal kicks it back with the error and the cart totals show incorrect as before.

This obviously is a problem and needs to be addressed by either Prestashop or PayPal. FYI: My paid-hosting shopping cart system that I was using until recently had put out a message last week that PayPal has said that thay are having problems with PayPalExpressCheckout and to disable it until further notice. I am going to try this in Prestashop and see if it helps.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I'm having the same problem. Prestashop v1.6.0.9 and PayPal module v 1.3.8.  An order completes using Standard Payment on the PayPal site, but does not enter the order back in Prestashop. Switching from the US version to the Europe version of the paypal module does seem to solve the problem. The warnings that the module has not been tested for my country (USA) are a bit concerning, but seems to be working so far. I hope that someone fixes the US PayPal module. Who should that be reported to?