(SOLVED) Installation 1.6.0.6 stops at 45%

Hello

Today i try to update my prestashop to 1.6.0.6. I delete all files with FTP on my hostserver an download the latest version of PS. Then i copied all files to the server an start the installation on www.mystoreadress.ch/install

Every time, it stopped at step 6, on 45% and tell he can do the settings for the shop. i tried it with firefox and safari, but i don't work on both.

before the new installation i also deletet the database and createt a new, like i had never before a shop.

but now is my big problem, i have now no shop!

can anybody help me?

i've i should give more information, please tell me exactly what have i to do, because im not so good with programming stuff...

thanks

Upadte 22.43:

I found the error log in the install folder on the server. The latest log:

[04-May-2014 22:41:46 Europe/Zurich] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'PrestaShopException' with message 'Property Language->name is empty' in /home/apfelrep/public_html/classes/ObjectModel.php:837
Stack trace:
#0 /home/apfelrep/public_html/classes/ObjectModel.php(255): ObjectModelCore->validateFields()
#1 /home/apfelrep/public_html/classes/Language.php(103): ObjectModelCore->getFields()
#2 /home/apfelrep/public_html/classes/ObjectModel.php(455): LanguageCore->getFields()
#3 /home/apfelrep/public_html/classes/Language.php(201): ObjectModelCore->add(true, false)
#4 /home/apfelrep/public_html/classes/Language.php(755): LanguageCore->add(true, false, false)
#5 /home/apfelrep/public_html/classes/Language.php(894): LanguageCore::checkAndAddLanguage('fr', false, false, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
#6 /home/apfelrep/public_html/classes/LocalizationPack.php(297): LanguageCore::downloadAndInstallLanguagePack(Object(SimpleXMLElement), NULL, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
#7 /home/apfelrep/public_html/classes/LocalizationPack.php(53): LocalizationPackCore->_installLanguages(Obj in /home/apfelrep/public_html/classes/ObjectModel.php on line 837

update 9.5.14, 23.45 - i installed the PS in englisch, and timezone europe/zurich and it was no problem, but i have the next problem, and created a new post.

post-712314-0-25940000-1399235453_thumb.png

Edited by gti_united (see edit history)

Every time, it stopped at step 6, on 45% and tell he can do the settings for the shop. i tried it with firefox and safari, but i don't work on both.

Hi, you can check  in  apache logs , or try to upload hre  , we can verify the error

No i dont use the 1 click upgrade, i cant find this in the backoffice, then i deleted all files and made a new istallation. I downloaded the latest version from prestashop.com and copied to my server

Where can i find the apache log? On the server? I can only find the log in install folder, that i copied in first post

Upadte:

Now i have installed the new presta shop. i choos as country united states, and then timezone europe/zurich, an then it works. is this probably a bug?

now the next problem, i can't install the german language, everytime the backoffice tell, cannot connect to prestashop.com, and top left it shows only rotating arrows. in the demo shop of PS there is no arrow top left. look at the pictures.

also i tried to upload the langguage manually and get the answer: Property Language->name is empty

any ideas?

post-712314-0-48670300-1399305824_thumb.png

post-712314-0-92925200-1399305832_thumb.png

Edited by gti_united (see edit history)

• 2 years later...
Please check the error log on your server at following path:

/var/log/apache2/error.log (Linux Server with Apache)

1. RHEL / Red Hat / CentOS / Fedora Linux Apache error file location - /var/log/httpd/error_log

2. Debian / Ubuntu Linux Apache error log file location - /var/log/apache2/error.log

3. FreeBSD Apache error log file location - /var/log/httpd-error.log

4. Windows Server - WAMP folder/bin/log

Post the errors generated when installation stuck at 45% here so that we can guide you accordingly for solving your problem.