Send to a Friend Module doesn't open on click

jdauer

Whenever a user attempts to click on the Send to a Friend link on our site it doesn't do anything.

(for example: https://shop.4handsbrewery.com/barware/4-hands-pint-glass.html#send_friend_form)

I don't get a popup window, menu, or anything. It just acts like a big dead button. I haven't seen any errors come over the console, either.

I'm running Prestashop 1.6.0.5. Any help would be very appreciated.

at the end of the product.tpl file try to paste this:

$('#send_friend_button').fancybox({
		autoScale : true,
		'hideOnContentClick': false,
		'hideOnOverlayClick': true
	});

if it will not work, paste this:

$('document').ready( function() {
	});
});
  • Like 2

Thanks, vekia! The first snippet worked. For whatever reason, even though that code was already in the footer of the page, I guess it needed to be put higher? I don't know, but it works, so I'm not going to complain.

I think I spoke too soon. The popup appears now, but it still doesn't do anything. I can't submit the form.

Does this module need to be hooked somewhere else before it will work?

because my code was only to display popup, you asked about this popup so i don't test any other features.

in this case you have to copy also other script of this module to the product.tpl as you did with popup code.

Managed to fix the issue, but it was not pleasant. In the event anyone runs into this, the problem was that I had installed a template that was compatible with PS 1.5.x, but then upgraded to 1.6.x. Long story short, those Javascript modules broke big time between the transition.

Ended up having to roll back to 1.5 and redo a lot of the work. In the future, I guess it pays to be wary of updates.

My question is, is there any way to prevent modules from forcing you to update when you're on an older build of Presta? There has to be some way to upgrade things without having to reinvent the wheel with new themes every single time you upgrade Presta?

• 2 months later...
Hi, my store's send to a friend button is also not working, as well as the product comment/review button. No action on click, no popup window.

We recently installed Prestashop 1.6.0.6 on dev site here: http://69.167.150.125/~mtnmanc/store/ 

Theme is Cenatasix; Send to a Friend v1.7.2; Product Comments v3.3.6

I tried various suggestions from previous threads, such as adding code to product.tpl and changing permissions, but nothing worked. No changes.

Thanks for your support!

• 6 months later...

at the end of the product.tpl file try to paste this:

});

if it will not work, paste this:

$('document').ready( function() {
	});
});

Hello vekia

i get this error message when i send to friend

Your e-mail could not be sent. Please check the e-mail address and try again.

ps 1.6.0.11 default-bootstrap

Please respond 

PLEASE HELP