3 errors in adding a new product..

opora

i'm a new user of prestashop 1.6.. and when i add a new product this message appears :

3 errors 

1. This link_rewrite field is required at least in Français (French)
  2. Products must be in at least one category.
  3. This product must be in the default category.

Please I'm looking for help and THANKS 

This issue has been addressed by a few moderators here:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/325671-add-product-error/

I'm still researching the issue as I have an interest since we think that it might be related to the auto-install programs.  How did you install PrestaShop?  Did you install it manually? Or did you use an installation program (e.g. Softaculous)?  

Also, can you explain how you added the product?  What fields did you add in your product?  

I'm trying to find a way to duplicate the issue.

Thanks!

Arnel C.

• Like 1

I appreciate your answer :

i download prestashop 1.6.0.6 i unzip it in my localhost folder and i open it with my localweb then i follow insructions
i install it normaly then i acced to both back store and front store when i begin configuring it " and add a product" this message appears

and the method that i used to add a product
Quick Access > new product > then i fill all in the informations when i hit save or save and stay
the error appears

AND THNAKS

• 3 months later...

We get this error also. It is a prestashop that was updated from 1.4 to 1.6  (in 2 increments from 1.4 to the latest 1.4 then to 1.6 I think) using the one click update method each time to update.

The error also occurs on new and old products. 

We noticed it when trying to change the shipping methods allowable.

This link_rewrite field is required at least in English (English)

Products must be in at least one category.
This product must be in the default category.

• 2 weeks later...
Followup: I ended up uninstalling PS and then reinstalling version: 1.5.6.2 via Quickinstall on cpanel, hostgator. I then used Prestashop 1-click to upgrade to version: 1.6.0.9.

I still had the issue, which may have been related to using unsupported characters in the new product title (I used a dash "-") but I am not certain that that had any bearing. What really seemed to make a difference was when I cleared my cache in Google Chrome (though I cannot say why). After that, I was able to create new products and all seems to be working now.

I'm sorry that I cannot offer a more comprehensive solution but I am not a programmer. This is simply what seemed to work for me.

• 2 months later...

It appears to be a performance issue... if I am updating products too quickly, I get the same error. I usually just click on a different product section, like suppliers, and the error will generally go away.

There are apparently a ton of queries that take place while in the product area of the backoffice and depending on the speed of your server, workstation and connection, this issue crops its ugly head up - sometimes frequently I might add. Now if someone from the development team would care to elaborate, I would be all ears.  :unsure:

For what it's worth.....

Musicmaster's triple edit program allows editing to the prestashop products witrhout running into those error messages.

Since his program does not presently allow for the addition of a new product, I begin by adding the product (name, etc) and add it to the category of choice.

To do so, I had to disable every .htaccess file within the program.

The entire process takes too long for me, and I have all but abandoned Prestashop due to that.

This error problem has been around a long, long time and has yet to be resolved (although the bug cases have been closed as "resolved").

You may want to check your host server settings also. I found that there are many files and directories that I cannot change the permissions to, edit, or delete the files. My host has yet to resolve that problem.

Since this error problem is as sporadic as it is, the server might be reason for these problems.......

Prestashop is a great program, and it is important to get this problem resolved. Simply saying it's been resolved isn't doing it for me.

It may be "free", but when you lose hours, days and weeks trying to get it working, it's not quite as "free" as it's said to be to the merchant attempting to use it.

Oh well.

Good luck,

John

• 2 weeks later...

It appears to be a performance issue... if I am updating products too quickly, I get the same error. I usually just click on a different product section, like suppliers, and the error will generally go away.

There are apparently a ton of queries that take place while in the product area of the backoffice and depending on the speed of your server, workstation and connection, this issue crops its ugly head up - sometimes frequently I might add. Now if someone from the development team would care to elaborate, I would be all ears.  :unsure:

This appears to be the case. However, when you have a VPS account with a lot of resources, this is pretty bad as far as the cart goes. I sometimes have to hit save or save and stay 3-4 times before it will do either. I've started just opening a bunch I need to edit at once and when one won't save, just move on to updating another one. By the time I've done that, enough time has passed for the save to work, usually but not all the time but definitely get the errors less when I do it that way.  This makes me worry about what will happen on the front end when my order volume increases. Will it error out on checkout because of performance....

• Like 1

This appears to be the case. However, when you have a VPS account with a lot of resources, this is pretty bad as far as the cart goes. I sometimes have to hit save or save and stay 3-4 times before it will do either. I've started just opening a bunch I need to edit at once and when one won't save, just move on to updating another one. By the time I've done that, enough time has passed for the save to work, usually but not all the time but definitely get the errors less when I do it that way.  This makes me worry about what will happen on the front end when my order volume increases. Will it error out on checkout because of performance....

Although a slow server can result in the problems, as I said in an earlier post:

“Musicmaster's triple edit program allows editing to the prestashop products without running into those error messages”.

If his script allow edits to be made quickly and without getting errors, does the server’s performance really matter, or is Prestashop’s script simply full of bugs?

I was once told that there’s no such thing as a “minor bug”; the scripting is either right or wrong, and if wrong, crashes will occur throughout the program.

I left my copy of Prestashop on the server for the future, but have gone back to updating and revising our simple HTML shop I built long ago. I’d love to modernize, but this (prestashop) is a tough way to go as it is now.

Best wishes,

John