Problem after modules update

jopabe

Yesterday I got a nice buy, on my shop!

Today, it is impossible to go from step 4 to step 5, in the checkout...

Only thing that changed in between was that I had 14 modules automatic update, today. Is it a coincidence?

Anyone... please help!!

Some more data to help diagnosing:

-maybe the problem is because the system thinks that I don't have a carrier (see attached picture), but I do, and they are enabled. So, where is the "Proceed to Checkout" button?

post-784373-0-69091300-1397920791_thumb.png

even more data:

The "Proceed to Checkout" button doesn't show up because an error message pops up when I add a product to the Shopping cart.

The strange thing is that it only happens from a certain product onwards. I already deleted the product, but it keeps on, from that one to the end of the database. 

Also, any new product I add to the database will produce the same error.

Error: None of your chosen carriers deliver to the address you've selected.

How can I repair the database?

I already asked the Hosting service to restore a database backup, but problem is still there.

Any hints, anyone, please?

Edited by jopabe (see edit history)

OK, Found it!

All about Advanced Stock Management!

All products added to the stock after enabeling this option, got the error message above mentioned, not allowing the sale.

Strange, because all configurations were ok...

Anyhow, disabling the ASM all is fine, again.

Cheers, 

thank you for explanation where the problem was and for solution.

i can go ahead and mark topic title as solved

[sOLVED] Topic
If, after posting a topic, you find a solution to your problem, please indicate it in your post and describe the solution.
Furthermore if you are the author of the topic for which a solution has been found, please edit your topic title to mark it as [sOLVED].

To mark a topic as [solved] :
- Edit the first post of your topic by clicking on the "Edit" button,
- Click on the "Use full editor" button,
- Add the "[solved]" string at the beginning of your topic title and click on the "Submit Modified Post" button.

• 9 months later...

Not solved for me. I have been banging my head for 3 days and I still am unable to get this usps module working. I do not have any products configured to use ASM, I do not have ASM enabled. I cannot find anyone who seems to know how to fix this or where to look. Starting to think about scrapping my Presta and try something else. If getting USPS module is this hard I can only imagine what some of the others are going to be like.