Custom Product Tabs in 1.6

gabeshackle

Is there any way in the new 1.6 admin to be able to trigger the Bootstrap and TinyMCE activation scripts from a custom Tab on the Product edit page.  For example, in the past I've used:

$(document).ready(function(){
		tinySetup();
		tabs_manager.onLoad('Informations', function(){
			tinyMCE.execCommand('mceAddControl', false, 'sidebar');
		});
	});

To ensure that the TinyMCE field in my custom tab would load.  This no longer appears to work after upgrading to 1.6.  Is there any PrestaShop-endorsed method for adding custom tabs to the product page and have all the initialization scripts applied to them?

The primary problem is that the custom tabs are not actually written to the Product page on the initial load but are loaded via Ajax on click.

tinymce in prestashop 1.6 doesnt support mceAddControl command, this is why it doesnt work.

new tinymce is a bit limited, unfortunately.

there is possibility to change this, but in this case it will be necessary to change core js minified tinymce file.

Actually, some digging around turned up that the commands were simply renamed in TinyMCE 4.0.  The new commands now are:

mceRemoveEditor/mceAddEditor

I'd still like to see if there's some way to reinitialize the Bootstrap components as well though.

• 1 month later...

tinymce in prestashop 1.6 doesnt support mceAddControl command, this is why it doesnt work.

new tinymce is a bit limited, unfortunately.

there is possibility to change this, but in this case it will be necessary to change core js minified tinymce file.

Vekia I tried to add a custom tab to my own site http://tapanda.gr ok it works.. BUT when I click on a tab all the others remain there.. What happened?