[SOLVED - but still a question] Email no longer working with Godaddy

Hello
I have v 1.1 installed and hosted at godaddy.
Everything worked fine until last thursday receiving emails from the contact us form or within the orders message functionality for both of my web sites.
My files still have an install date of 2008 on both of my web sites.
I've contacted the useless godaddy's support team, and they are telling me they do not support third party and it's withing prestashop.
Is there by chance someone else that experienced the same issue and has a fix ?

its got to be something that can be fixed in code cause the test during install works for me.. with settings of relay-hosting.secureserver.net and port 25 the install test for smtp worked fine, but when installed it does not.. so maybe godaddy changed something but seems like it still sorta works. not sure if i should put bug report into prestashop for it.

ye i put in bug with info, godaddy says they didnt change anything, but they mayhave and not specificly know it.. when someone fills out contact do you get emails says saying..

The original message was received at Sun, 25 Oct 2009 13:42:47 -0700
from localhost [127.0.0.1]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<**@**.com>
(reason: 553 sorry, your mail was administratively denied. (#5.7.1))

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to relay-hosting.secureserver.net.:
>>> MAIL From:<**@**> SIZE=37455 BODY=8BITMIME
<<< 553 sorry, your mail was administratively denied. (#5.7.1)
501 5.6.0 Data format error.
----------------------------------------i got a few of these so i guess the cart tried to send them and godaddy forwarded it to my email they had on file saying it was not allowed.. or prestashop sent to me saying someone tried to fill out contact and it didnt go to desired email so sent me error

can you set up another test prestashop to see if the install smtp config test works? just make totally seperate folder directory and database.. cause you cant overwrite the same tables in database.. and if you try to install over your same folder it will rewrite some files.

since it works locally using my server - it must be godaddy no ?
here is their last answer:

"Thank you for your reply. I do not see that any changes that have occurred to your hosting account. It appears that you are using PHP 5, I do not show any changes to this setting. As previously mentioned, we are unable to find any changes made to your hosting account by us. I can find no reason that the hosting account should cause this error. Since this appears to be a 3rd party application, you may want to check their support forum. The reason I suggest this is that we do not have detailed information on the function of this program. I would suggest you check any changes made through any administrative controls. I also recommend you check to see if an update is needed. Some 3rd party applications require regular updates for stablity or security issues."

• 3 years later...