SEARCH - problem with sign "-" minus

Hi to all,

I have a problem with search in Prestashop 1.5.3.1.

If I type minus sign (-) in my search, minus is ignored/exluded. 

For example, if I type "FX-10" results of search is same if I tyle "FX 10". I need to search minus sign for better searching.

I know for symbols ("#$%&...) I need change Search.php in "dir/classes/", remove signs from "define('PREG_CLASS_SEARCH_EXCLUDE'", but I don't know how to remove "-" exluding from search.

Other example:

If I type "LQ-1000", result is:

1. result: Product with name "Ink color LQ-1000"

2. result: Product with name "Part for service R-7, best option"

* 2. result is wrong, that product not need to be found, but reason for search show 2. product is: IN DESCRIPTION is text "This is for LQ series of products: 1000, 1100 and 1140".

It is OK for fink 2. result but if somebody type "1000" or "LQ 1000", but if somebody type "LQ-1000, it need to be only results that contain words "LQ-1000".

PLEASE HELP ME and thank you!

Best regards,

Igor

You might actually be making it more difficult for your customers if you force them to include the hyphen in their search. They might know they have an FX-10, but may not remember there is a hyphen or realise they have to include it. It might be frustrating for them to try FX10 then FX 10 and get no matches - and it could in theory lose you sales too.

Cheers, Dave

• 2 weeks later...

You might actually be making it more difficult for your customers if you force them to include the hyphen in their search. They might know they have an FX-10, but may not remember there is a hyphen or realise they have to include it. It might be frustrating for them to try FX10 then FX 10 and get no matches - and it could in theory lose you sales too.

Cheers, Dave

Yes, it is truht what you write, but I need for search with "-", because user will be frustrated too with type "fx-10", add resulat is very bad, after type "fx-10", result is:

Toneri - tinte - riboni > Toner Canon FX-10 / FX-9 zamjenski
Toneri - tinte - riboni > Toner Canon FX-10 original
Toneri - tinte - riboni > Toner Canon FX-3 original
Toneri - tinte - riboni > Toner Canon FX-3 zamjenski
Toneri - tinte - riboni > Ribon Epson LQ-1000 zamjenski
Toneri - tinte - riboni > Toner Samsung CLP-M660B M ljubičasta/magenta zamjenski
Toneri - tinte - riboni > Toner Samsung CLP-Y660B Y žuta/yellow zamjenski
Toneri - tinte - riboni > Toner Samsung CLP-C660B C plava/cyan zamjenski
Toneri - tinte - riboni > Toner Samsung CLP-K660B BK crna/black zamjenski
bottom search is very bad "CLP-M660B....CLP-k660B...", because they have in description keywords like "This is compatible with all FX series" or "You can use that fo 100 series of Canon Printers", and search with "fx-10" fint "FX" and part of "100" of keywords.

With minus "-" I will get better search, and I will type tags for some products, example tags for "fx-10" will be "fx 10", fx10. After that user will be able to find product "fx-10" with "fx-10", "fx 10" or "fx10", but most important if user type ""fx-10"", he will find directly what he is searching for.

I REALLY NEED THIS!

Best regards,
Igor