[SOLVED] SmartBlog module's CSS overriding theme's CSS

Hello folks! I'm here back again for an another question:-)

I'm encountering some overriding problems with CSS since I've installed a new module (SmartBlog)

I see that there are some classes that are shared with my theme, but the module's ones override the theme's one even in pages that are totally unrelated with the module.

For example in the attachment there's my login page, and as you can see .title_block is overridden by the module 

In order to fix it I had to change the global.css and put

background: none;

(which is unselected in the screenshot for showing you the effects of the problem)

My question for you: is there a way to prevent that my module override my theme CSS? 

post-683135-0-50542600-1396995211_thumb.png

Hello folks! I'm here back again for an another question:-)

I'm encountering some overriding problems with CSS since I've installed a new module (SmartBlog)

I see that there are some classes that are shared with my theme, but the module's ones override the theme's one even in pages that are totally unrelated with the module.

For example in the attachment there's my login page, and as you can see .title_block is overridden by the module 

In order to fix it I had to change the global.css and put

background: none;

(which is unselected in the screenshot for showing you the effects of the problem)

My question for you: is there a way to prevent that my module override my theme CSS? 

is your shop somewhere online? if so - please share url.

i think that problem is easy to fix, just one thig: use  parent ID / class of the page with blog - use it before .title_block in stylesheet file.

• Like 1

is your shop somewhere online? if so - please share url.

i think that problem is easy to fix, just one thig: use  parent ID / class of the page with blog - use it before .title_block in stylesheet file.

1) nope, is still local, hopefull to see it online in the next week:-)

2) this solved the problem, I've put #blogArticle in front of it and now it doesn't override it anymore. (actually I've just guessed it, I think it broke the style of the blog article view, but it looks pretty anyway!)

thank you for confirmation and information how you solved it

so, it was easy to fix :) hope that everything will work fine now 

if you will need any additional assistance, just let us know

with regards,

Milos