MultiLocation project for our website

Hello,

Our website has sufferet a big drop in search engines positions, we think it has been to a variety of factors such as poor speed, server conn. problems, google algo changes, etc.

Some months ago we contacted El Patron who urged us to move to a Multi Location oriented website.

And here we are, eager to start this challenging project with as much help as possible, because we will not be able to do it ourselves only.

First we will start with 2 subdomains, 1 for .es and another for .fr

Once we created DNS and all the server stuff we went to create a new shop in the already created shop group. That was the easy part, but once we go to the part where we must select to share orders, customers and so, we can not activate.

Then we deleted the new created shop and yet we can not activate it.

So, we are stucked just in the start, anyone can help?.

BTW, our website project is www.TicTacArea.com

Hope this post will help many others to do it , if we can get it :)   

• 3 weeks later...

Hi El Patron,

I will explain why I am stucked at the start;

I am trying to create a multishop because we need to focus our SEO and presence based on language and content as you already know.

Our website runs on 1.5 for more than 1 year now, so when we activate multishop option, we already have got a Default shop group.

It is likely we must create as much shops as we like under this group, but as our site has already got orders and customers, there is no way the system permits to share orders and customers between all shops in that group.

First question; Is there a way to share once orders are created?, or the only solution I see is to create a new group, share everything and then create a new shop in this new group. When creating it, we should import everything from the shop we got.

This way ( i think) we can share this info in all the new shop we want to create under this group.

Once the new group is created, we can even create a new shop and call it like the old one and deactivate the default group.

Please, tell me if I am right about it or we can do otherwise.

So, another question about cctdl;

Once we create multiple shops , let us say one per country, how can prestashop handle the location thing?.

I mean; if we create a es.domain.com and a domain called co.domain.com should we limite these domains to spanish only?, if a colombian citizen goes to es.domain.com, will be redirected to co.domain.com?.

I am a bit buzzled about this cctdl thing because so much i think about it I always see duplicate content as we are building several shops with multiple languages sharing same content.

Thanks for your time. 

• 2 years later...