Price is not updating when combinations

Hi,

We are having problems with the price when there are different combinations. The first one is showed perfectly but when the user wants to update the combinations (in this case radio button), the price is not updating. 

Looks like it's a JS error because the price is fine moving the product to shopping cart. 

An example:

http://fabuluk.com/es/iluminacion/2999-tolomeo-micro-pinza-artemide.html?search_query=Tolomeo+micro&results=3

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

After updating from 1.5 to 1.6.0.8 we suffer from this exact situation. Cache has been deleted, no change. If customers order products with combinations the product combinations are shown with the product. Selecting the different combinations does not change anything, neither the prize nor is the combination chosen. 

Any hint on this. It looks really very much like a javascript issue.

After updating from 1.5 to 1.6.0.8 we suffer from this exact situation. Cache has been deleted, no change. If customers order products with combinations the product combinations are shown with the product. Selecting the different combinations does not change anything, neither the prize nor is the combination chosen. 

Any hint on this. It looks really very much like a javascript issue.

Interestingly the prizes just do not change for the categories for groups that have defined specific prizes. Prizes change for the default users not logged in correctly. 

So here with more details, link and screenshot. 

I am using Prestashop 1.6.0.8 and just migrated from a nicely working 1.5.6.2 installation.
- To distinguish different partner levels (direct customers, resellers, wholesales partners and their prices) using groups.
- Selling cables with different lenghts (leading to different prizes) I have defined combinations with their impacts on price.
- To calculate the right prizes for the non standard groups resellers and wholesales partners under prices I defined specific prices for combinations for these groups as of order quantity 1.
With version 1.5.6.2. this worked fine.

Since I upgraded I face the following issue:
- When normal customer open a product to order it they can chose their combination and see their respective price immediately in the product window.
- If for customers special prices apply the product window does allow to pick the values for the combinations but does not change the pricing at all. Putting the article to the cart adds an article with the default combination and not with the selected attributes. It looks like the selected values for the combination attributes are just not being interpreted. No prize change and in the cart after chosing to add the products there default combination values are added.

It looks like the entry window for the products combination attributes is just not being interpreted for groups other than the default group - independant of the fact whether special prizing applies for a group. The fact that a special customer group is active makes the attribute entry window as in http://www.home-fibre.ch/shop/en/pof-cable/1-pof-cable-500m-9008952010147.html not accepting and interpreting values.

Screenshots available: whatever values are entered as attributes the prize remains the same, the attribute itself changes. Adding the article to the cart it adds it with the default combination's attribute.

Please let me know if you need further details or how I can get help to fix this issue.

• Like 1

After a hint from bsdll to a copy of my post above I now once more downloaded the most recent PS 1.6.0.8 and just copied products.js and products.tpl over the default profile of my installation. And this time it works! Many thanks for your hint. I thought to have done this before but maybe not with both files at once.

Edited by phelfe (see edit history)

The above statement was just wrong. I did copy the files and when testing i did not log in as a group member. Like that the amount and combination selection always worked.

It is only if logged in as a non standard group member (e.g. as a reseller with its group prizing) I cannot select amounts or combinations in the respective entry window. This still does NOT work. I hope that someone has an idea on how to fix this.

As a workaround I have built multiple products with the different combination parameters most often required. The amounts then still cannot be entered (once the user being a group member with special prizing is logged in)  after oressing  "MORE" on the products "window", but it can then be adapted in the cart. 

Not ideal but at least it works.

Any idea regarding this issue? Amount and combinations cannot be chosen in the selection box after pressing "more" on the products page. Only for customers being part of a group with special prizes for the group. We are using the default template with PS 1.6.0.8 ...

This issue also occurs in a from scratch 1.6.0.8 demo installation.

I installed the 1.6.0.8 from scratch. I added a new group reseller, added a new user of category reseller.

On the product page I opened a product and selected combinations (i.e. product "Faded Short Sleeve T-shirts"). Pressing the "more" button I could select amount and the combination's criteria. 

Logging in with the user as reseller this still worked fine.

Then I added under prizes I added a specific prize for the product and the "reseller" group "fixed prize 10 USD" and from that point the user could not select amounts "quantity" for the products anymore, as well as the selection of the combination value "size" though it can be selected in the dropdown can not be stored anymore. PS adds an order for quantity "1" and default combination to the cart.  

The bug can be replicated with the 1.6.0.8 and the default template using a new installation with the demo products. I am happy to give access to this demo installation to verify.

This issue also occurs in a from scratch 1.6.0.8 demo installation.

I installed the 1.6.0.8 from scratch. I added a new group reseller, added a new user of category reseller.

On the product page I opened a product and selected combinations (i.e. product "Faded Short Sleeve T-shirts"). Pressing the "more" button I could select amount and the combination's criteria. 

Logging in with the user as reseller this still worked fine.

Then I added under prizes I added a specific prize for the product and the "reseller" group "fixed prize 10 USD" and from that point the user could not select amounts "quantity" for the products anymore, as well as the selection of the combination value "size" though it can be selected in the dropdown can not be stored anymore. PS adds an order for quantity "1" and default combination to the cart.  

The bug can be replicated with the 1.6.0.8 and the default template using a new installation with the demo products. I am happy to give access to this demo installation to verify.

Hi, thanks for the verficaion, please see this post, which refers to another post,  and see if this resolves the issue.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/343835-solved-product-price-disappearing-from-product-page-1608/

I am for one a bit taken back by the amount of issues in this area for 1.6.  Seems there is a hole in unit testing and which has caused way to many problems. 

• Like 1

Thanks El Patron, it looks like the other issue where combination prizes get "0" is a different one. Interestingely our issue only occurs for users with special prizing for specific products for their group. I did not find our exact issue in the forum yet. 

Since our main customers are of group "reseller" with such special prizes the issue is showing up with most orders.
I am glad to provide more details or screen shots if needed.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...