[SOLVED] White Border automatically being added to images?

Hey everyone,

Is it possible that a small white border is automatically being added to my product images by prestashop?

Here is a picture to illustrate.. and the photos that are uploaded are perfectly square.

Thanks in advance!

VPsKvwK.png

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Hey vekia,

The issue is that as you can see there is a bit of a border and I'm not sure why as there is no border in the CSS or in the image itself. Could prestashop be adding that border when I upload the image possibly? Not sure what the problem is yet.

Hey dioniz,

A perfect square (736x736 in this case). That is why I don't understand why Prestashop would add a white border. :/

Because presta is making 750 x 750 px image as you probably have set in Preferences > Images. If Image is smaller then set in preferences, presta is adding white border to it. Make original image 750 x 750 or bigger and it will remove white border

Edited by dioniz (see edit history)

Thanks dioniz! I will try that. 

However, I am just wondering - doesn't prestashop generate the thumb at that 750x750 since that is set in my image settings from the 736x736 just like it does for smaller images? That is what is confusing me, especially since the ratio is 1:1 width to height.