[SOLVED] Shipping Carriers - Does it Know?

Using Prestashop 1.5.6.2
I have been working with Prestashop for a few months now and I figured alot out reading these forums but I finally have a question I need to ask.

So I set up my shipping carriers ..... 1 carrier for with prices for U.S, Canada, Europe and Alaska/Hawaii/Puerto Rico. It works great but when I setup an account using an Canadian address I still get U.S. prices.

The Question is ...... Does prestashop know I'm not it Canada? 

Edited by HMS (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, 1 carrier with the weight and prices.  

U.S. - lower 48

Canada

Europe
U.S. - Alaska/Hawaii/Puerto Rico

Now, when I use a Canadian address is still gives me the U.S. rates .... BUT on the flipside of this if I input an Alaska or Hawaii address it gives me the inflated price for those states. So that tells me its working to a point. Just not sure about the Europe and Canada.

Does prestashop know I'm located in the U.S. via my ip address is that why I'm not getting the higher shipping cost for other countries?

UHG!!!  ok let me ask you this ....... do I need to set up a separate carrier for each country?  I am under the assumption I can set up 1 carrier to cover several different zones. is that correct? 

My carrier summary reads like this ................

Carrier name Shipping Charges Option 1

This carrier is not free and the delivery announced is: Shipping times see product "Data sheet".

The shipping cost is calculated according to the weight and the tax rule No Tax will be applied.

This carrier can deliver orders from 0.000000 LBS to 65.000000 LBS. If the order is out of range, the behavior is to apply the cost of the highest defined range.

This carrier will be proposed for those delivery zones
  • Canada
  • Europe
  • North America
  • U.S. - AK/HI/PR

And it will be proposed for those client groups
  • Visitor
  • Customer

Status
 enabled.gif  disabled.gif

Enable the carrier in the Front Office

Well that's the part that works! I just created a new Zone changed it in localization.  If I use an address in Alaska it gives me the inflated shipping charge like it should.

So your saying adding a new zone like this can cause the issue?  

SOLVED - I figured out that I had to go into [Localization] then [states] and change the states for Canada from zone option from "North America" to "Canada".   Just like I did for Alaska and Hawaii.

Can't believe I missed that.