help needed

hello all,

so i just noticed a few modules lost the translation.... not sure why but i want to put them back on(i know i can do via fpt)

but i want to get it working in the admin page

funny thing is it does that max vars error. but only on modules.

My max vars is set to 10000

the translations for the theme work and load and is over 1000 so i know there it is working.

Oddly though on the modules section it tells me it`s set to 1000 and i need to set 4034 at least.

any idea why this might be happening strange one section works and other doesn`t

I edited any php.ini file to reflect same 10000   there was 2 files different places but still same issue.

I noticed on multistore when i go to categories the logo works as www.store1.com and www.store2.com correctly.

however when you go to a product both logos work as www.store1.com    any idea what setting i might have wrong here?

thanks for help

1. this is not error - but this is an information that your host is not configured well to change (translate) a large amount of fields. Why you see it only on product page? let me explain.

On translations feature page you can translate each aspect of shop like mails, back office, front office, modules etc.

"mail translations" allows to translate mails in your shop

"front office translations" section allows to translate a part of "theme" files.

"installed modules translations" allows to translate module files.

each of the section has got different number of "texts" to translate. This is why you see this message on some translate sections (there are just more fields to translate).

Thanks Vekia

I can understand that. however i know the front office theme is just as big. Also it was workig prior to 1.6.0.5 upgrade.

Also it is telling me i am only set to 1000 yet i know that front office has well over 1000. i think there is another reason behind this but cannot see why.

I actually used your config uploaded in another thread.

either way I think presta shop team should put some effort in the future into reducing the amount of translations required to load by providing better filter options like selecting module only etc.

any idea why my second store logo might show the 1st store address when clicked? i checked settings and everything seems good to me.

btw. regarding to this max input vars problem,

have you tried to increase value of this param? 1000 is really poor value, especially when we dealing with prestashop :D

some time ago i released guide related to this problem: max input vars in prestashop

where you've got hosting account? in fact - everything depends on it. some hosts don't allow to change this param manually.

regarding to the logos: 

im out of ideas right now i have to check it on my own

Hi Vekia,

I have to set to 10000.

I use host gator, they have an option to set it in the cpanel provided.

Also i edited the file manually.

If i try adding the line into htaccess my site goes Error 500 lol no idea why i assume i cannot touch that due to host ?

Hi Vekia,

I have spoken to my host.

They recently update the control of php.ini from cpanel.

it has always been there but they change access to options.

anyway i see that it was set magic quotes on

You file says off so i change to off too and lower from 10000 to 5000 it works

it also works now on 10000 again using the www.store.com/info.php test.

So i guess something turned on magic quotes and it was conflicting some how :S

this is a view of the php.ini section for anyone who stumbles on issues from my host.

there use to be more options....

Setting Status engine On Off max_input_vars memory_limit register_globals On Off magic_quotes_gpc On Off magic_quotes_runtime On Off magic_quotes_sybase On Off allow_url_fopen On Off allow_url_include On Off

didn`t fix my header logo issue. must be a script related error but i look and it looks fine to my limited knowledge.