[Solved] Undoing hooks in ps 1.5.

Hello, everybody, spring is here :)

I have a question related to managing hooks. I added some exceptions to left and right column hooks to my customized default module. I wanted to achieve that left and right columns not to show up on index page, left only the homepage text editor in center column to make some kind of a wellcome screen. So I added index to exceptions to every module (categories, manufacturers, etc) hooked into displayLeft and displayRight columns.

It worked fine. But now ugly and evil employer (aka: big bad boss :angry: ) wants no index page, no wellcome, no nothing, jump straight to business :P

So now i`d like to undo those exceptions made into hooks, but I cant see anywhere WHAT exceptions I made. Do I have to delete the hooks and rehook again without the exceptions, or is there another way?

Thanks in advance (and dont tell bigbadboss I was here :))

Edited by Salus (see edit history)

Thanks, vekia, I knew I could count on you :) 

But before I hit reset, i must tell that reseting is the last option I desire, since I made other modifications to those modules as well, and I really dont want to start over. (there are countless exceptions added to hooks, and I dont really remember anymore what I did before, I`m not a very well organized person).

And there are modifications to styles and grids too, and I dont know how reseting a module will affect those. Besides, I cant see a reset option at positioning, can only reset installed modules, which would mean reseting the whole module, not only hooks and positions, right?

After much hesitation I finally hit RESET for categories module only, but that did not solve the problem. I still have whole left and right columns hidden only on index page. I must have modified something within global.css or grid-prestahop.css and hide the left and right columns somehow (display: none?), but I just cant remember and cant find anything related to that in the code, not even if you kill me. I promise myself to make a /*note*/ to every little modification I make in the styles from now on... 

BUT: now that I look in the Modules-Positions-Homepage Content, i see only 3 modules hooked into it: image slider, home text editor and featured products. I tried to hook categories block into homepage content, but presta said that module cannot be hooked into homepage. 

So maybe there was no categories in homepage content at all? I think its time to reload default theme to check....

There is . >.<

Sometimes I wish I'd become a farmer instead...

Ok, this is embarrasing... I did something and I dont remember how I did it. I think I need medical care ;)

But first, I definitely need some help. The problem is still the same: I`ve somehow hidden the left and right columns, but only in index page. I reseted every module implied, I deleted every hook to categories (display left and display right), rehooked them without any exception, and still no result. How did I do that? AS far as I know there is only one method of hiding a column, and that is adding exceptions to the hooks, aint?

I`m enabling shop so if anyone has an ideea may take a look to the elements on the page. I have no sub <div present for left and right column on index page for id=columns division, but I have them all right on every other page. I start rolling back things now...

sorry, I forgot the link: http://www.salus-tehnomed.ro/ro

Ok, i found it. I modified the header.tpl so that it makes a check to see if it is index page, and resized grid based on this condition.

<div id="columns" class="grid_9 alpha omega clearfix">
<!-- Left -->
{if $page_name !='index'}
<div id="left_column" class="column grid_2 alpha">
{$HOOK_LEFT_COLUMN}
</div>
{/if}
<!-- Center -->
<div id="center_column" class="{if $page_name !='index'}grid_5{else}grid_9{/if}">

Original is without the if condition: 

<div id="columns" class="grid_9 alpha omega clearfix"><!-- Left -->
<div id="left_column" class="column grid_2 alpha">
{$HOOK_LEFT_COLUMN}
</div>
<!-- Center -->
<div id="center_column" class=" grid_5">

I think I must have followed some guide found here (or somewhere) on the forums. So beside making the hook-exception thing, I also did this.

Same thing with footer.tpl

Sorry, forgot to mention, salus is also my "official" account from workplace, and this is my home account, so actually I am talking to myself :)

But writing things down here helped me, so I was able to help me solving my own problem, lol :) what a schizophrenic situation...

I think we can mark this as SOLVED, but i leave this here just in case anyone else falls into same mistake: to do something and then completely forget about it...

Edited by Ezelendil (see edit history)