Update of PS 1.6

Personally I think 1.6.0.5 had very few bumps in the road.

What you will see is people upgrading, this is 'always' creating some issues...

but one must have good 'business' reason to upgrade 'anything' so while you are waiting for next release, go theme shopping, because more than likely you theme  will not be 1.6 compliant.

also, this would be a good time to create a test shop of our production shop, then back that up and practice upgrade...then you be ready to roll, regardless of this or future release.

Personally I think 1.6.0.5 had very few bumps in the road.

What you will see is people upgrading, this is 'always' creating some issues...

but one must have good 'business' reason to upgrade 'anything' so while you are waiting for next release, go theme shopping, because more than likely you theme  will not be 1.6 compliant.

also, this would be a good time to create a test shop of our production shop, then back that up and practice upgrade...then you be ready to roll, regardless of this or future release.

Well said, I fully agree.

Given the huge changes in 1.6, I've been pleasantly surprised how well it works for fresh installations. With the amount of fixes in the upcoming 1.6.0.6 it looks even better.

Upgrades is another matter though. Clearly Prestashop could have done better there. Hope that also improves with the upcoming bugfix release.

Cheers, Rob.

Hey Rob, i.e. upgrades...my two cents...

if people would stop making changes 'outside' of their template...upgrades would be much more smoothly but what happens most and which makes any upgrade seem fraught with issues: the don't

1) have fallback plan

2) create test shop to test upgrade...

3) test upgrading until it works perfectly

4) create cutover plan,  back up and implement

to not do these two simple things is utter folly...in my mind I want to tell them, I'd like to help you out  but I don't know what door you  came in. :)

No business should put themselves at risk without taking some minor preperations and precautions.

and to update just because you are prompted by back office to do is is NOT recommended, you should have good business reason

• Like 2