FTP my digital files?

Hi

I have a dedicated server, I re-booted it, but thank you for your reply.
I think I have found a workaround.
First I upload a very small file and when successfully uploaded I go and check in the downloads folder on my server. What I find there is that during it's upload it arrives in the folder with a name like '287324d2740c15b7d50752d23c27317d3e7868e9'. I then upload to my downloads folder the large file (in my case 120mb) using my FTP client, and when it has uploaded I name it after the small file I uploaded, not the original file name but the long one (e.g. 287324d2740c15b7d50752d23c27317d3e7868e9) that it was given during transit to the server. I then delete the little fie with the same name and it seems to work for me.
Hope all this makes some sense, and is of some help to someone.
By the way I would love to see some kind of comprehensive manual for Prestashop.

That is good to know. I did have one other comment, when you changed your upload_max_filesize did you also change your post_max_size to match? I have had one changed and not the other and couldn't upload the max file size. PHP is funny to work with when it comes to uploading files.

Yes, I did but it didn't make a difference to my large uploads- hence the workaround. It all seems to work well with the workaround, but would like the developers to maybe tell me that it will be ok to do this. Wouldn't want it to start doing unpredictable things in the future.

You got that right, I would hate to spend time uploading and find out it messed things up later on. Is there a possiblity you can break your zip files down into smaller files and add them to the package using the Attachments function? That is how I worked around it on my end. I have my settings at 40MB but had 1 file that was 84 MB and broke it down and added the back half as an attachment to the front half. (I'm hoping it works cause I haven't tested the purchase process yet on that item. Of course if it's one video then that would shoot that down.
Dan

• 1 month later...

I'm trying your method amanuensis... hoping that works until we can get a more automated way of utilizing the downloads system.
Thanks for posting. I'll let you know if it works for me. Hey by the way... has anyone found out how to change the date format in all areas? I've managed to switch it in a few places but it's still showing up in order history for customers and in emails etc..