Creating new home page tabs?

Hi, 

I am a newbie to prestashop, I am currently trying to move my shop from shopify over.

I am using the default theme in 1.6.

However, I am running into some issues with the home page tabs. I want to make them display my categories tabs (eg. women kids baby home) instead of  the current best sellers and popular, tabs. 

However, when i duplicate the module homefeatured, (by making a copy of homefeatured and renaming every HomeFeatured to HomeFeatured2, and homefeatured to homefeatured2) it appears on the home page tab beside the other existing tabs, but it is unclickable.

please help!

You have homefeatured module folder in your theme which contains a modified homefeatured.tpl

The same with bestsellers

Not sure if it is possible to use hometabs as navigation. If you look at bestsellers the file is fetching the bestseller products with this code

{include file="$tpl_dir./product-list.tpl" products=$best_sellers class='blockbestsellers tab-pane' id='blockbestsellers' active=$active_ul}

You would need to find a variable or parameter for calling a specific category. Bestsellers are filtered with the parameter products=$best_sellers. Not sure if there is something equivalent for categories. Maybe a prestashop profi can help you.

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I was creating my own categories and deleted the existing once, after having deleted the products insight. My new categories are OK, jut now they are not visible on the top menu where now I have just the BLOG. How I can add them there?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

I was creating my own categories and deleted the existing once, after having deleted the products insight. My new categories are OK, jut now they are not visible on the top menu where now I have just the BLOG. How I can add them there?

Thanks for your feedback.

you can add them in Modules > (search for) Top Horizontal Menu > then Configure :)