A specific word in product name does not save product

• 2 weeks later...

here is htaccess file

# ~~start~~ Do not remove this comment, Prestashop will keep automatically the code outside this comment when .htaccess will be generated again
# .htaccess automaticaly generated by PrestaShop e-commerce open-source solution
# http://www.prestashop.com - http://www.prestashop.com/forums

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
<IfModule mod_env.c>
SetEnv HTTP_MOD_REWRITE On
</IfModule>

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^7star.pk$
RewriteRule . - [E=REWRITEBASE:/]
RewriteRule ^api/?(.*)$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}webservice/dispatcher.php?url=$1 [QSA,L]

# AlphaImageLoader for IE and fancybox
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^7star.pk$
RewriteRule ^images_ie/?([^/]+)\.(jpe?g|png|gif)$ js/jquery/plugins/fancybox/images/$1.$2 [L]
</IfModule>

#If rewrite mod isn't enabled
ErrorDocument 404 /index.php?controller=404

# ~~end~~ Do not remove this comment, Prestashop will keep automatically the code outside this comment when .htaccess will be generated again

when i try after disabling all the seo url features it give me 403 page

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /7staradmin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Edited by sabexel2 (see edit history)

Please give it another try after having changed the file permissions to 755 for both folders and files for the backend (7star one). This would probably work and if it won't for a reason or another, you can also give it a try with 777.

While doing this, if you sense what you are doing will be the candidate to get everything a mess, that's the exact time to make a backup before. 

I did change the permissions of admin folder and admin index.php file but after this, admin panel was unable to access, and there was 404 on that, i had removed the index.php file from cache folder, is there some thing regarding that, i have no backup of that file

what should be the permsion of which file, 

i changed the permission of admin folder to 777 it was 755 nothing happened

but when i changed the permision of index.php in admin folder to 755 from 700 admin url showing 404 page

i changed the 755 to 777 but unable to access the admin pannel

I have FileZilla but it's neighter in English nor in Urdu. So I just can't attach a screenshot for instance, but when you'll switch there, as exactly you did to change the permissions, you'll also notice a tickbox "apply to the files and subfolders" or something equivalent.

Kindly do this at the very top level of your Prestashop installation.

I hope this helps.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Vekia,

It's not the case, because It's a VPS, I checked it and there was no filtering for any words.

In fact, if I put the text that gives me problems in prestashop, on another CMS like magento or joomla, I have no problem. Only in Prestashop.
It seems to me it's another one of those quirks of prestashop we sadly lost a lot of time trying to figure out what's going on.
Anyway, thank you for the tip.

M.B. Rodrigues