Stopping specials and best sellers in footer

Hi, can anyone tell me how to stop "Specials", "Best sellers" and "New Products" from showing up in the footer.

I have unchecked them in the CMS block and emptied the cache on PS and my browser.

When I check "Site Map", "Contact Us" and "Powered by Prestashop" these come and go as the box is checked or unchecked the the others "Specials" etc do not. 

Btw love Prestashop 1.6 very easy to work with

Kind regards

file: themes/default-bootstrap/blockcms/blockcms.tpl

change this code:

<!-- MODULE Block footer -->
	<section class="footer-block col-xs-12 col-sm-2" id="block_various_links_footer">
		<h4>{l s='Information' mod='blockcms'}</h4>
		<ul class="toggle-footer">
			{if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}
				<li class="first_item">
					<a href="{$link->getPageLink('prices-drop')|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{l s='Specials' mod='blockcms'}">
						{l s='Specials' mod='blockcms'}
					</a>
				</li>
			{/if}
			<li class="{if $PS_CATALOG_MODE}first_{/if}item">
				<a href="{$link->getPageLink('new-products')|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{l s='New products' mod='blockcms'}">
					{l s='New products' mod='blockcms'}
				</a>
			</li>
			{if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}
				<li class="item">
					<a href="{$link->getPageLink('best-sales')|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{l s='Top sellers' mod='blockcms'}">
						{l s='Top sellers' mod='blockcms'}
					</a>
				</li>
			{/if}
			{if $display_stores_footer}
				<li class="item">
					<a href="{$link->getPageLink('stores')|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{l s='Our stores' mod='blockcms'}">
						{l s='Our stores' mod='blockcms'}
					</a>
				</li>
			{/if}
			<li class="item">
				<a href="{$link->getPageLink($contact_url, true)|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{l s='Contact us' mod='blockcms'}">
					{l s='Contact us' mod='blockcms'}
				</a>
			</li>
			{foreach from=$cmslinks item=cmslink}
				{if $cmslink.meta_title != ''}
					<li class="item">
						<a href="{$cmslink.link|addslashes|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{$cmslink.meta_title|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}">
							{$cmslink.meta_title|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}
						</a>
					</li>
				{/if}
			{/foreach}
			<li>
				<a href="{$link->getPageLink('sitemap')|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{l s='Sitemap' mod='blockcms'}">
					{l s='Sitemap' mod='blockcms'}
				</a>
			</li>
		</ul>
		{$footer_text}
	</section>
	{if $display_poweredby}
	<section class="bottom-footer col-xs-12">
		<div>
			© 2014 {l s='[1]Ecommerce software by %s[/1]' mod='blockcms' sprintf=['PrestaShop™'] tags=['<a class="_blank" href="http://www.prestashop.com">']}
		</div>
	</section>
	{/if}
	<!-- /MODULE Block footer -->

In latest module update CMS block v1.9, there are options to display/no many things such as bestseller, new products, sitemap, price drop etc, but if we tick the checkbox or not, they still appear at the footer.

I am running into the same problem on 1.6: I cannot get rid of the links in the Information block in the footer, although I have unchecked the links in the CMS block module. Looks like a bug to me.