[solved] Countries which don't use a postal code

Ireland does not use postal codes at the moment.  In localization/countries/ - Ireland edit, I filled the "Need postal Code" radio button to not needed. hen a customer tried to register from Ireland, there was no postal code box to fill in, but the registration process just kept coming up with an error, that a postal code is needed. But there was no box to put one in, eve if here was one. I have found the code 00000 works for Ireland, but the only way to allow Irish customers to register is to leave the radio button selecting that a postal code is needed. That at least gives the customer a box. However, they are the confused, because they don't have one. If they contact me, I can tell them to use 00000, and that's OK. But unless they do, they just give up, and I can't say I blame them TBH. 

Has anyone found a way around this please? 

Yes I did that, and that was when the real problem started. If I de select the 'Need postal code' then the box is removed, but when the customer tries to complete , they get the error massage saying postal code is a required field. But they cam

n't possibly put one in because there is no box. That's the whole problem! I'll uncheck that box now, so you can see hwta I mean. And thanks for all your effort BTW

1. Magic! Thank you so much. It seems to have worked. I still don't know what's been changed from before though - I spent about an hour with a customer =r o Facebook trying to get it to work!

Thanks so much for giving up your time on a sSunday!

you are very welcome...helping here keeps me from doing real work..

tip: today is Saturday...:)

happy selling.

LOL - I'm out of sorts, but it feels like I've spent a whole day sorting this out! I've removed your registration fro the shop now as well - I guess you didn't need nappies!

jajaja..I don't know what nappies are.  (yank)...but I will soon visit my very best friend in world (uker), in the jungle of Colombia.  Taking him chocolate and some nice spirits. And sit with him and enjoy a country with the most different bird species in the world...

• Like 1