URGENT! Why a empty 1.6 great looking and update 1.6 not ?

HansNL

Please Please Please HELP ME!!!

Why my shop is different when i install from a new empty 1.6 version then a update 1.6 version?

And my update version with this view:
Gs&Gs-UPDATE-1.png

Gs&Gs-UPDATE-2.png

Here you see (in the UP pictures) that the category in the left is in the index (the main) page. I don't want it, you don't see it on the pics down (that are the pics when i install a new 1.6 version). Why i see in my update version the category and not in the new install?

And you see in the second up picture that the footer is not correct, i have done a lot but this is what i get. How to change it and why it is like that and not like the pictures down? It is a compleet mess at the moment. What do i have to do?

I have the empty version on with this view:

Here you will see that the category menu is not on the left and the footer is perfect!!

Why when i upload you see what i have put up (the pictures up) and why you see a great site when i install a new site, without upload (see down pictures).

Is there some one who can help me please with this problem???
What do i have to do??

Gs&Gs-NIEUW-1.png

Gs&Gs-NIEUW-2.png

Hi HansNL,

As an update to the Prestashop, I understand, it will try to keep the location of your blocks as you have arranged them on your existing site. However, I have noticed that when I have modules or blocks that are visible differently or positioned differently, they will be moved to where the updated theme places them, and that could be very different from your previous site.

A good place to start is to understand what positions are available and where your blocks are now. Go to Modules, Positioins. On the right side of the page, click the button "Run Live Edit." This will show you the names of the regions and should let you move things. However, I installed a fresh version and Live Edit doesn't work for me. I can't move things, but it helps me to know the name of the region and the contents that are in those positions. Use this information to move the blocks to where you want them. Warning, you should backup everything before changing something radically so you can restore. There is no "undo" button to go back.

• Go to Modules and open the module Themeconfigurator. Make choices about many things that show on your site and where.
  • Go to the Modules Position page. Do a browser search on this Position page for "displayHome" to find the Categories block and rearrange, delete or move to a new location.
  • Also on the Positions page, do a browser serach for "displayFooter". To look like the new default them, it would contain the following: "Newsletter block" and "Social networking block" (you must enter the addresses of your social networks in the module for them to appear or it will be blank), "Categories block," "CMS block," "Myaccount block for your website's footer"  and "Contact information block." You should open each of these modules and make sure they are configured properly.

On the positions page, you may have to unhook them from the dropdown to relocate.

Hope this helps,

Good luck

Daniel

Hi Dougadanny,

Thank you for your information.

Abount the (MENU) category list, in the left of the MAIN page. When i delete it, i'm afraid that i'm not getting it back anymore on other pages. I just want te same like a NEW INSTALL 1.6 version, online the blocks with pictures, under that the NEW products and under that blocks again with pictures. 

I'm afraid when i'n deleting the (MENU) category list, on the left, it will not come again on other pages again. Is that right?

I have try everything what you tell me, but it is not working. Social networking block will not work, i have try to put there my information in, but it will not safe it :(  When i write something, it is gone when i safe it. So that is not working too :( In the footer is all different and not the same.

What i want to know is: Why my update is not the same like a new install version 1.6?

What do i have to do to have the same webshop like a new install (do i have to deactivate all modules from my older webshop 1.5 and then upload it to 1.6, without any module on??) Or is it a problem and i have to wait till there is a better update?

Thank you for helping me!

Categories on the Left - To show blocks on the Left column, Go to Preferences, Themes, Edit the theme. I believe that if Click to enable the "category" in the Left Column and this will show on the pages, with expandable buttons for the main categories.

My apologies that I can't say what the issues are with Social Networking and Footer.

Are you saying that the Social modules is not updated when you save, that the module does not save your information? Or that your page does not show it? If the module is saving the information, try to clear you browser cache, also perhaps clear Prestashop cache from Advance Pamameters, Performance.

Daniel

Edited by Dougadanny (see edit history)

Hi, i have seen that movie and try. But in my update it was not possible to put the vink on GREEN. It stay on RED  :(  That was not working too for me  :(

And yes, when i put my Facebook account and twitter account and click on SAFE, it wil NOT safe  :(

I don't know what is wrong.

Someone tell me that i have to update again but without any module on, everything (module) on OFF.

Is that the solution?