Message not reaching customer reply from Customer Service, only Order

Messages not going out from the Customer Service page.

Appears that only messages sent from the order page are going out, when "Display to Customer" is set to Yes. Again, messages are going out. I have also tested my email address from Advanced Parameters, Email, confirm working.

However, I sent several replies from Customer Service, Viewing the message and using the field "Your answer to ..." It also shows up in the message timeline as a message to the customer, but is not going out.

Is there something I'm missing.

Daniel

Still unable to reply to messages received via the Contact Form from the Customer Service page. Anyone else having this issue? I have a fresh install of 1.6.0.5, keeping all modules updated and tested again today just in case. Here is a screen capture of Customer Service message thread attached. Using PHP mail option.

post-725296-0-21417600-1396600343_thumb.jpg.

Edited by Dougadanny (see edit history)

For retrieving emails it says "You also need to properly configure your IMAP settings, so that PrestaShop can retrieve the customer's answers to e-mail that were sent from the customer service tool." [emphasis mine].

Shouldn't reply via the Customer Service page work even if using PHP mail, if I am not concerned with retrieving emails from my email host that were sent via the senders own email service? 

End of documentation on Customer Service options says that, "You should make sure all fields are filled in order for the customer service tool to work properly."

I supposed that is the catchall comment meaning email doesn't work in PS without IMAP.

If so, I think it should be spelled out clearly that PHP mail options does not allow Admin to send email via Customer Service page. Instead, PS gives the impression that the message is sent and adds it to the timeline, no error about setting up IMAP.

Still hoping someone can clarify.

Thanks

Edited by Dougadanny (see edit history)