White Page for change backend products

Hello to all 

I installed PS 1.6 on a host and then put on www.mywebsite.com/ps16demo (link to web) subdirectory. 

THE problem is that when I try to edit the product, tries to load the page and then gives me a blank page as if it is unable to complete the display of all the data of the product.

How can is possibile ?

ho controllato con i tecnici i requisiti di prestashop e sono tutti ok per il mio hosting (anche il memory limit è 64mb).

Please help me.

thenk you in advance!

Hello to all 
I installed PS 1.6 on a host and then put on www.mywebsite.com/ps16demo (link to web) subdirectory. 
THE problem is that when I try to edit the product, tries to load the page and then gives me a blank page as if it is unable to complete the display of all the data of the product.
How can is possibile ?
ho controllato con i tecnici i requisiti di prestashop e sono tutti ok per il mio hosting (anche il memory limit è 64mb).
Please help me.
thenk you in advance!

blank page = errors

please turn on error reporting then instead of blank page you will see information what and where doesnt work (i hope so!)

open: config/defines.inc.php

find this line: define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);
change to look like this:define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

Hi, thank you for your help.

This is the error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'Unable to load template file 'controllers/products/multishop/check_fields.tpl' in 'controllers/products/informations.tpl'' in /home/mhd-01/www.francescopazzagli.com/htdocs/ps16demo/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php:127 Stack trace: #0 /home/mhd-01/www.francescopazzagli.com/htdocs/ps16demo/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(286): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch(NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, false, false, true) #1 /home/mhd-01/www.francescopazzagli.com/htdocs/ps16demo/cache/smarty/compile/e8/0c/ed/e80ceddc2a2002bf8756e9c4ddf0ab632529f8b9.file.informations.tpl.php(132): Smarty_Internal_Template->getSubTemplate('controllers/pro...', NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, Array, 0) #2 /home/mhd-01/www.francescopazzagli.com/htdocs/ps16demo/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(180): content_532eb6552981e2_89941301(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #3 /home/mhd-01/www.francescopazzagli.com/htdocs/ps16demo/controllers/admin/ in/home/mhd-01/www.francescopazzagli.com/htdocs/ps16demo/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 127

Hi, thank you for your help.

This is the error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'Unable to load template file 'controllers/products/multishop/check_fields.tpl' in 'controllers/products/informations.tpl'' in /home/mhd-01/www.francescopazzagli.com/htdocs/ps16demo/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php:127 Stack trace: #0 /home/mhd-01/www.francescopazzagli.com/htdocs/ps16demo/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(286): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch(NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, false, false, true) #1 /home/mhd-01/www.francescopazzagli.com/htdocs/ps16demo/cache/smarty/compile/e8/0c/ed/e80ceddc2a2002bf8756e9c4ddf0ab632529f8b9.file.informations.tpl.php(132): Smarty_Internal_Template->getSubTemplate('controllers/pro...', NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, Array, 0) #2 /home/mhd-01/www.francescopazzagli.com/htdocs/ps16demo/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(180): content_532eb6552981e2_89941301(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #3 /home/mhd-01/www.francescopazzagli.com/htdocs/ps16demo/controllers/admin/ in/home/mhd-01/www.francescopazzagli.com/htdocs/ps16demo/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 127

hello

sorry i was offline over the weekend but im back now

does the file mentioned in error code exists in your shop filesystem?

controllers/products/multishop/check_fields.tpl

? (i don't think so)

Had the same problem today after restoring a prestashop using a FTP client to upload all files from backup.

In my case the following file had an incomplete file.extension, which is a known FTP problem, though very rare: 

/admin444/themes/default/template/controllers/products/multishop/check_fields.tp

Renaming the file to .tpl solved the problem.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ciao

I'm new to Prestashop.. just installed 1.6

after 2 days of "experimenting" the backend started to refresh continuously..

soon after the products pages (in the backend..) started to display just a blank page ( opening the single product..)

I found on line a forum saying "try to refresh using Ctl+F5 to fully refresh the page"

i worked straight away for me! very simple, very effective!

Mic

• 6 months later...

if blank page errors

then just need to turn on error reporting then instead of blank page.

need to open: config/defines.inc.php

find this line: define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

change to look like this:define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

After change I got the problem below

This is the error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'Unable to load template file 'controllers/products/multishop/check_fields.tpl' in 'controllers/products/informations.tpl''

But problem creates after restoring a prestashop using a FTP client to upload all files from backup.

In my case the following file had an incomplete file.extension, which is a known FTP problem, though very rare: 

/admin123/themes/default/template/controllers/products/multishop/check_fields.tp

Just rename the template file from .tp to .tpl solved the problem (SOLVED).