Prestashop 1.5.6 won't install

Attempting to install Prestashop 1.5.6 returns an error "Cannot install module themeinstaller" while the installation is at module configuration stage, at about 60% of the bar.

I installed dozens of these shops, and that is something new. We haven't changed our server config in any way, and it did work all the time up until now. Just to make sure, I tried to install on another webhost as well, it returns the same error. I found it might be related to PHP memory limit value, but ours is at 256 MB so that is by far enough I think.

I need to install 1.5 in specific, I don't want to upgrade to 1.6 yet.

Only thing that comes to my head right now is copying another installation that already works, and just changing its config to fit a new store, but I would rather avoid that.

Any help will be much appreciated.

It is quite interesting problem because themeinstallator module is not installed by default (see getModulesList() method in install/models/install.php file). I woud suggest to remove this module, complete an installation, upload it back and then try to install/debug it in PS back office.

It is quite interesting problem because themeinstallator module is not installed by default (see getModulesList() method in install/models/install.php file). I woud suggest to remove this module, complete an installation, upload it back and then try to install/debug it in PS back office.

Thanks a lot for replying.

Checked 

public function getModulesList()

themeinstaller is not listed there, neither it exists in the modules directory. Yet the error comes up, and even when the install fails at about 60%, directory "themeinstaller" appears inside the modules directory. Never had any issue installing before, and this one is very odd.

I also have this strange problem. In my case, i can install prestashop v.1.5.6.2 successfully at the first time. After finding that this core has compatibility issue with my theme, i decided to install an older core. Deleted all the folders, drop the database, and installed a new core v.1.5.4. Then this problem occurred.

Installation always stop at 67% with this error message: 

1. Cannot install module "themeinstallator"
  2. An error occured during installation...

You can use the links on the left column to go back to the previous steps, or restart the installation process by clicking here.

I also tried installing core v.1.5.5.0 with same result.

What i already tried:

1. create new database for new install

2. deleted the sessions on tmp folder

3. increase php memory_limit to 512 and max_execution_time to 90

Maybe the themeinstallator module have an issue with older core?

Does the getModulesList() method begins with the following code? Is there that directory before you start installing PS or it appears during the installation?

// @todo REMOVE DEV MODE
$modules = array();
if (false)

it does begin with that code, yes. The directory appears after failed installation. Doesn't exist beforehand.

Let's try the following:

in modules/themeinstallator/themeinstallator.php file change:

@ini_set('memory_limit', '2G');

to (or you can also completely comment it out):

@ini_set('memory_limit', '64M');

and repeat the installation.

Let's try the following:

in modules/themeinstallator/themeinstallator.php file change:

@ini_set('memory_limit', '2G');
to (or you can also completely comment it out):

@ini_set('memory_limit', '64M');
and repeat the installation.

Problem persists : ( But thanks a lot for helping so far.