Upgrade Prestashop 1.4.7.3 store to Prestashop 1.6

peanut

Have a current ecommerce store running on Prestashop ver.1.4.7.3 hosted on Amazon AWS. Need someone to help upgrade this store seamlessly into the latest Prestashop version 1.6 and ensure all functions/modules of the existing store is replicated.

We also want to use a new theme which we will buy and it has to be implemented in this upgrade.

The upgraded store then has to be hosted on a better hosting provider preferably with servers in India. We do not want to use Amazon AWS any further due to it's high costs.

Steps involved:
> Upgrade from Prestashop 1.4.7.3 to latest stable version
> Host on a scalable yet cost effective hosting solution, preferably with servers in India.
> Install/Update modules to be identical as that on the current Prestashop Installation.
> Customise any module used to match the selected new theme
> Transfer all customer data, order history and products seamlessly with zero/minimum downtime.
> Ensure the new upgraded site contains all information from previous Prestashop installation, is able to send & receive all emails, order number matching the old numbers, shipping rates remain the same.
> Optimise the installation for fast page loading and search engine optimisation.

Please note there are two major points here: one to upgrade prestashop and, two to move from Amazon AWS to a cost effective hosting with 100% uptime or traffic scalability.

Please send me via private message, the cost and time for this.

Thanks

Please PM with realistic prices/quotes. Asking 500€ just to upgrade isn't gonna work.

I've not quoted for this job, but I find it's impossible give a quote before a previous study of what you have in your store. If you have custom programming, purchased modules that only work in 1.4 (do they exist in 1.6?, you provide the updated modules?)

The key is

and ensure all functions/modules of the existing store is replicated.

This can be tricky.

Regards

I've not quoted for this job, but I find it's impossible give a quote before a previous study of what you have in your store. If you have custom programming, purchased modules that only work in 1.4 (do they exist in 1.6?, you provide the updated modules?)

The key is

This can be tricky.

Regards

Thanks, actually there is only one custom module which is a local payment gateway. The compatibility is unknown at the moment, it has been working so far. I'll try to test it on 1.6 later. However there is an updated module available for sale, so this isn't a concern.

Just want to ensure no functionality is broken during this upgrade. The order number is a core modification to change everyday with date included in the number. There is module available for this that works with 1.5: http://www.prestapoint.com/en/change-orders-reference-numbering-date-text-prestashop-module-9.html

It should be a straight forward upgrade.

Edited by peanut (see edit history)