At the beginning of February, I upgraded from 1.4.8 to 1.5.6.  I've had a lot of trouble with bandwidth and other slow-site issues (I have several thousand products online).  I also upgraded to VPS as shared hosting was unable to support my new install - the old site 1.4.8 was fine. I decided to install a test server to see if my theme was compatible with 1.6, and when I tried to access the ps_shop_url table as per these instructions: http://www.prestashop.com/blog/en/set-up-a-test-server-for-your-online-store/, I discovered that the database 1.5.6 is using does not list any tables below ps_search_word.  3 questions:

1. What could have gone wrong to make the tables not be installed?

2. Is this why my shop is running very slow (ie - is my current install accessing my "old" database from 1.4.8 for information)?

3. What should I do to fix it?

Any help would be appreciated.

post-198564-0-49141500-1395755782_thumb.jpg

Edited by CrystalPhoenix18 (see edit history)

Oh geez, I'm such an idiot - I wondered how PS could be functioning with half the tables missing.  I didn't see the little arrows at the top of the db table list on the left that indicated there was more than one page of tables.  Sigh.

For anyone else who doesn't know phpMyadmin, I will leave this post up in case you have the same problem....