v1.6.0.5 - problem with modules 's translations

Hello ,

I would like to modify an expression of the nav bar top menu … 

( the french translation for 'call free' is much too long and can easily be replace with 'Appel gratuit' )

i already did it once as the site was completely clean (first day) but now it is impossible, why ???

I can modify the 'bo' and 'fo' words but not the 'modules' ones.  the answer is …

you have to enlarge the  max_input_vars  to more than 2000  ( wich is a lot )

It seams it is a bug, no ??

Some one to help me ??

Thank you

pascual

Hello Legend :-)

I have read the link and of course i tried with the additionnal ligne in the .htacess of my root directory,  but…

it seems it doesn't change .  I am not really suprised as i don't have access to the config folder of my host.

I am gonna deal with the hoster to do this…

From your experience, is it possible that i goes over 3500  on max_input_vars ???  (if i ask for 3500 and need more two weeks later, they will not appreciate)

And if i directly change the text in the php file of translation's folder, is it gonna work ??  or crash my website  :-) ??

I still have a little little problem with the cart in the nav-bar and this translation would help me a lot.

Thank you so much for your answer

Pascual

Edited by pascuald (see edit history)

Hello ,

I put the line in .htacess  in root presta folder but it did not worked.

can you tell me excatly where i was supposed to put the line ??  at the top of the file ??   anywhere ??

I found another solution to solve the immediat problem…  i modified directly the file and re install it …  but of course it is a good way because i wanted to modify just one formula…

I have not acess to the .config folder do i ask my hoster to enlarge the file to 3500 but i have no answer yet.

thank you very much for your help

Pascual

I am looking now for the main css folder/ file to change the background color and more important the font size and height of all the left column blocs…  is it in the css folder  or in the theme's folder ??? 

i leave a post for this in the forum…  if you have the answer it is very nice  :-)

There seems to be several people having issues with the translation giving problems. I cannot access the translation for installed modules due to this error:

Warning! Your PHP configuration limits the maximum number of fields allowed in a form
1890 for max_input_vars.
Please ask your hosting provider to increase this limit to 3190 at least, or you will have to edit the translation files.

But on my server, the value for max_input_vars is already set to 5000.

AND

this is a new test site with PS 1.6.0.5 installed that I created a few days ago in a sub-domain of the same server. My existing production site has no issue with translations at all. Works just fine. I just tested it again.

But for some reason, this new installation is giving me this error message, even though my server test root folder shows that this setting is already set to 5000.

What is wrong with the new version that is creating this issue?

Any ideas?

Hello again.

I went away for the weekend and tried again this morning. I had no problems accessing the translation pages. I have not contacted my hosting provider in the meantime, but whatever wasn't working last week is working now.

So, issue solved, but no explanation.