Report on number of customers waiting product to be back in stock

Hi,

my store will operate in a near 0-stock model.

from what I've seen in prestashop there are only two options when a product reaches 0 units in stock:

1-activate email alert for customer (when product is back in stock)

2-allow item to be purchased (even if not in stock)

At start I want to avoid the 0 stock items to be bought (I'm dependent on suppliers and do not want the hassle to have orders cancelled after being payed or delays in shipping).

This leaves only the option to activate email alerts for customers.

But I can't find any report to tell me how many customers are waiting for a product to be back in stock!

The main goals are:

- optimize re-stocking products (e.g. predict the volume expected to be sold when product is back in stock and reduce shipping fees).

- avoid re-stocking dead-end products (and remove them from catalog) if no customer is showing desire to buy them.

A report on how many costumers are waiting for a product to be back in stock would be enough to achieve this. Or adding a new column in the report statscheckup where this number would appear.

Anyone knows if prestashop has any standard way of doing this?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

João Pinto

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

OK I figured out how to create an export of this information (who is waiting for each product) - in MySql run the following select script (it's just a selection, no need to worry about it changing any of the data):

SELECT DISTINCT customer_email, name, description_short, description FROM ps_mailalert_customer_oos mc INNER JOIN ps_product_lang pl on mc.id_product = pl.id_product WHERE mc.id_lang = 1 GROUP BY customer_email, name

This won't give you a count but it will show you the email addresses and product names/descriptions that they have requested notifications for. You can then export this to Excel and sort, sum, total or do what you want.

If you have more than one language (or use a different language) change the mc.id_lang = 1 to the ID of the language you want to check.

I'm working on a version that includes product attributes too (colour etc.) which includes the ps_product_attribute_combination and ps_attribute_lang tables but I'm having difficulties getting it to populate correctly. I'll update this when I figure it out.

Hope this helps!

http://suck.direct

Edited by the_lyall (see edit history)