I need help changing the background color and adding an image

I am a new user of prestashop, and have been struggling to change change the background color of my default them and add an image. I have been to the css files, but i'm confuseed. I don't even know where to look or how to find it. Any help will do.

Thanks 

hello

select one color theme, for example this one:

Xt0x9IS.png

then go to:

/modules/themeconfigurator/css/theme8.css (each color has got own theme file)

and define own background colors / images

if you need any kind of additional assistance, let us know

• Like 1

hello, 

in prestashop 1.6 we can select a theme by a theme live configurator. I love the background (bg-themes3.jpg). but once we select it, this would not fixed-selected forever. every time we access front office it reverts back to original background.

Any way to make it fix?

Wendy

hello, 

in prestashop 1.6 we can select a theme by a theme live configurator. I love the background (bg-themes3.jpg). but once we select it, this would not fixed-selected forever. every time we access front office it reverts back to original background.

Any way to make it fix?

Wendy

Wendy

Hope I am not being condescending here, but you did click save?  I ask because on my site, the save button on the theme configurator was hidden below the bottom of the page so I never saw it and never used it. It was very frustrating. Use the little arrows to collapse the colour and font areas and you will see the save button

Wendy

Hope I am not being condescending here, but you did click save?  I ask because on my site, the save button on the theme configurator was hidden below the bottom of the page so I never saw it and never used it. It was very frustrating. Use the little arrows to collapse the colour and font areas and you will see the save button

lol, sounds strange :|

try with this: open file /modules/themeconfigurator/css/live_configurator.css

search for:

#gear-right {
background: #333333;
display: block;
height: 50px;
left: 0px;
position: fixed;
top: 150px;
width: 50px;
z-index: 10000;
cursor: pointer;
}

#tool_customization {
left: -215px;
top: 150px;
height: auto;
width: 215px;
}

change it to:

#gear-right {
display: block;
height: 50px;
left: 0px;
top: 50px;
width: 50px;
cursor: pointer;
}

#tool_customization {
  1. positionfixed;
  2. left-215px;
  3. top50px;
  4. z-index10000;
  5. heightauto;
  6. width215px;
  7. background#333333;
}

now live editor configurator will be moved to the top, and you will see save button then

Wendy

hi haylau,

you're right. that's okay now!

Thanks for your help. But i need more. Please how do i reposition some of the blocks on my front office, like categories. I want it close to the top. How do i remove the call toll free from my number?

Thanks

You can remove the Toll Free number by going to the Contact block module. Just delete the telephone number that appears in the 1st field. To position or arrange blocks, go to admin Modules, Positions. Most of mine do not let me move between hooks, regions, they are locked. You can rearrange within the hooks, blocks that are in the same region, by dragging and dropping - point to the number and your cursor will change to a 4-headed arrow.

See also the Run Live Edit button at the right. This does not seem to work for me. Items I can rearrange at the top, are blocked in Live Edit.

Live

Edited by Dougadanny (see edit history)

Some of my blocks like currency and language are not appearing on my front office. I need help in this area too.

Thanks

I did a fresh install of 1.6, these 2 blocks appear on the displayNav bar (see positions) by default, no issues. On previous version of Prestashop, I had to rearrange them to move them higher in order on the Header area, displayHeader. They were in the list, but did not appear until they were near the top.

Hope this helps

hello

select one color theme, for example this one:

<image removed in quote>

then go to:

/modules/themeconfigurator/css/theme8.css (each color has got own theme file)

and define own background colors / images...

Hi Vekia,

I have forgotten, but isn't it possible to make changes to these files under /themes or using /override, so I don't customize the actual core files? I've tried to do this under /themes, but have evidently not done it correctly, because the changes I make there are not read, but still reading the core files. I specifically want to change this file: /modules/themeconfigurator/css/theme8.css

Please advise.

• 2 weeks later...

I overrided the original file of theme8.css:

themes/default-bootstrap/css/modules/themeconfigurator/css/theme8.css

But when I updated the modules it also updated and overrided my changes in theme8.css. 

How can I add a custom theme, like a theme10 or a childtheme?

• 4 weeks later...

just change theme directory name, and change it in back office too

then after each module / prestashop upgrade you will not lose your changes

This is great information, thanks Vekia! I was worried about losing all my modifications.

Just to clarify - in addition to renaming the theme in the back office, we would change Prestashop > themes >  default-bootstrap to Prestashop > themes >  customized-theme, yes?

Later... wait, that doesn't work. If I change the theme directory name, the shop goes offline. However, if I only change it in the back office, the shop stays online. But there's something not right about that... the new theme needs a directory. Should I make a copy of the default-bootstrap directory and rename it?

Edited by nocturnal (see edit history)

• 9 months later...

in post 3
quote"select one color theme, for example this one: "quote end

think i saw that selector on the frontpage  at the beginning of my work, mabey i lost it when  used the live  edit.

think it would be nice to know about the  selector  too.

how  can i get the selector back ?

Edited by dahls (see edit history)

Hi I am working with this now. Installed a new theme and Theme config was not showing at all. Find mod in module page (search 'theme'), disable, uninstall and reinstall to bring the module back with the gears. Only problem is, one can only select the colors inside the configurator. The option to create custom colors is not available. So, you will still need to know which file to edit to get the results that you want.