After upgrade product images poor quality

I think it because of image sizes. Setting in PS 1.6 is ( large_default 458 x 458 px ) but your original image is only 200 x 200 px.

The same is with thumbnails and other images. 

The solution i think would be - to upload bigger images or edit images settings to fit your old images and regenerate them again

I think it because of image sizes. Setting in PS 1.6 is ( large_default 458 x 458 px ) but your original image is only 200 x 200 px.

The solution i think would be - to upload bigger images or edit images settings to fit your old images and regenerate them again

System regenerate from orig. pictures 

Ok I set my large_default to 465 and regenerated my images but the small thumbnails are still grainy.  Is this controlled by the small default image?  What setting should I have this set to to to make those images clearer?

Hey. I have also faced the same problem. I have tried the same procedure, but is displayed thumbnail images remain rough as well. It's probably, I think of the program re-create the image can not make works fine. Image to be partially converted If you do re-created - because they exist. I think the current version is rather unstable, for failure to these is large, that it is not a level can be applied to the live site.

Ok I set my large_default to 465 and regenerated my images but the small thumbnails are still grainy.  Is this controlled by the small default image?  What setting should I have this set to to to make those images clearer?

try this module - smush optimize image

• 2 months later...

Product images are bad quality compared to 1.5 - does not help to argue about it and punt image solutions.

Upgrade or new product - images are really BAD!!

No need to discuss original image quality, sizes or other trivial issues.

This is a PrestaShop 1.6 problem - nothing else. Hope it gets fixed soon. Does not help to have nice new PrestaShop 1.6 bur product images appear to come from the 1980's

We can all 'think'

Unless you have practical experience with the specific problem, please do not offer us your thoughts, however well intentioned. We are here for answers and solutions - not speculative conversations