(Solved) Module send to a friend does not work!

MacRoy

Not working for me either on 1.6, I am getting the message I should check email address and try again.

Tried other browsers, reset, deleting files, reinstall and different adress. Also I dont get any errors in PHP logs and other emails are send correctly.

• Like 1

Hi vekia!

I downloaded Prestashop 1.6.0.5 again, for it must have been damaged the File as they added up at the launch of the final version. 

Everything works much better now, even send to a friend and more. 

So I recommend anyone who has problems with PrestaShop 1.6.0.5 and who downloaded the file that was available March 17 at launch to download it again! 

Thank you PrestaShop team for your fine work.

Regards

MacRoy
Edited by MacRoy (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, don't understand what the solution is - to reinstall and configure Prestashop again with a more recent download of 1.6.0.5? Shouldn't there be a module fix or update? I downloaded on 3-18.

This is marked as solved, but not solved. I have the same issue on any browser. Error appears Your e-mail could not be sent. Please check the e-mail address and try again.

The email address is valid.  Using PHP email, default theme.

Can someone please share the solution without having to reinstall Prestashop?

Thanks

UPDATE: I installed a New download locally (April 7), then uploaded the Send to a Friend module files to see if any difference. Also replaced tpl in default theme under sendtoafriend module. Still doesn't work, same error.

Edited by Dougadanny (see edit history)

Why is this marked as solved? It is not solved. Please change status so that a solution can be found. This module is broken.

this thread is marked as solved because for author of this topic is solved. This kind of issue can have a various "sources" of problems. you can find a lot of topics related to this module on board, each of them has got different solution, some of them haven't got any solution.

in some cases we have to provide individual solution, this is why you should create own thread instead of posting messages "that problem is not solved". because in this case described by MacRoy it is.

this thread is marked as solved because for author of this topic is solved. This kind of issue can have a various "sources" of problems. you can find a lot of topics related to this module on board, each of them has got different solution, some of them haven't got any solution.

in some cases we have to provide individual solution, this is why you should create own thread instead of posting messages "that problem is not solved". because in this case described by MacRoy it is.

Thanks Vekia for the explanation. I was trying to avoid duplicate topics and since the module still does not work, I thought that would apply to this topic. My mistake. :o

Daniel

Edited by Dougadanny (see edit history)

• 5 months later...