Hello guys

I just installed successfully and for first time the Prestashop framework. Still, when I’ve started to try the customization, apparently, in some point, I lost the control and the theme features which I purchased, crushed.

The first impression with Prestashop, is not to good. I need to create an online shop, but in spanish, and when I tried to changed, several, text, or text buttons, it was a pain. Is not intuitive at all. And in some cases, the option is not available, at least thought the CMS.

Here are the firsts big issues:

1. When I begun to customize the shop through the avena module, in some point, I’ve lost the entire main menu, and all I see now is the HOME button, without the sub level menu. All the other items from menu have gone.

2. Then I started to add new currencies through localization/localization main menu. I added 6 currencies, and when I tried to change the lenguage to Spanish, the Avena theme just stopped to run, so I left enlgish as a default lenguage. The currency drop menu is working fine, there’s still a hope!!!! (-:

3. Is it possible to delete/turn off the login/wishlist/my account/watch list/my favourites functions bar? This store is made for 30 services/products, so it will be virtual, I don't need to send anything. It would be great if I can avoid this useless step for the customers. I’ll obtain the necessary data from the payment gateway. If is not possible, how can I customize this bar? I meant, the lenguage deal and avoid features like shipping. Is the same thing for the search bar, I can’t edit the drop text ‘search here’, I need this text, like many others in spanish version.

4. I’ve tried to edit the footer section, into spanish, from the Prestashop main panel and it has disappeared, and in adition, now one of the features of the main menu HOME are displayed, all I can see now is one item from the traslated and dissapeared footer section. (I meant terms, secure payment and so on).

This is the url of the shop: http://bodasvips.com.ar/tienda/en/ - https://bodasvips.com.ar/tienda/en/.

That’s my crazy start with the online store.

I hope you can help me guys, regarding what should I do, otherwise, I’ll be completely lost.

Thanks in advance, cheers from Buenos Aires, adios!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say before doing too much more work, Re-install the theme, sounds like something went wrong in the process. It could be the theme you are using... Maybe check with who you purchased it from (or author) if you continue to have problems. When customizing things you must be careful and make many backups along the way. If you don't make a backup you can try calling your hosting provider and see if they can reset it to an earlier date.