Slow (1-2 min) refreshing page after customer's registration/order confirmation

Hello!

I am facing the following problem:

After my customers do the final click for the registration in my store and as well after they click "confirm the order" they need to wait for 1-2 minutes until the page will refresh. In the end they got the needed result, but it is unacceptably long. Probably it is somehow correlated with mailing system...so I am proving info on that: my mail accounts work on Google Apps for business, so everything is linked with it.

My server works fine. 

I will appreciate any help to understand what is the trouble and how to fix it.

Thank you in advance!

PS 1.5.5

In addition:

In email configuration menu the following options chosen: php mail() function and sending mails in both html and text formats.

Tried to send a test mail, it took about one minute to send.

Does anybody have any ideas?

hello

have you got access, to mysql long queries log? if i were you,i will ask your hoster about it

it's worth to check it due to the fact, that long waiting time can be related to some time consuming queries

hello

have you got access, to mysql long queries log? if i were you,i will ask your hoster about it

it's worth to check it due to the fact, that long waiting time can be related to some time consuming queries

Thank you for your reply!

I am new to all this stuff, so I need to ask some nooby questions:

1. Do you mean I should just contact my hoster and tell them about the issue? If yes, then I did it, we ran a dosen of tests, reports, etc. Everything seems to be fine. Or should I ask about mysql long queries log?

2. I have a full access to everything, but actually I dont know how to fing this mysql long queries log. Could you give me a tip, please?

Thank you!

hello

Hi again!

I checked with Google Apps Support, we made some tests, and the problem is in mailing route.

Somehow after a customer confirm any operation that is supposed to send email to him, this email goes through some localhost to my server, then to google, etc. The delay is exactly 60 sec on first step (from localhost to my server), then the overall delay is only 1 sec. 

Do you have any ideas where in Presta that strange localhost can be noticed (writen, set up)? Probably some kind of wrong settings could be made when developing my store...

Thank you!

well, to be honest, i think that problem is probably somewhere else,

prestashop is not connected with SMTP mail  delivery system, it just uses mail function to create mail, all other stuff related to delivery message is based on server software totally not related to prestashop.

you can try it with diferent email in your settings, just try to use different email address, will see if the problem is related to google apps

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...