Hello everyone,

I am the founder of DareBoost, a service that allows to test a website's performance and quality and give tips for optimization. Our solution is currently available under beta version for free.

We have built some specific tips for PrestaShop in our tool (inspired by what we have read on the official page dedicated to the optimization )

We are looking for testers, and also PrestaShop's experts to help us to go further in our optimization tips.

Try the tool and test the performance and quality of your site, it will only take you a few seconds : www.dareboost.com

Here is a sample of performance report (made ​​for the PrestaShop's demo)

Thanks in advance for your feedback. I hope the tool will be useful, and if you have ideas of tips / best practices, we will gladly try to automate them :)

FYI : This project will result in a few weeks on a business creation, but I want to say that we are based on freemium model, so the free version will always be available !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice site! It also gives clear info about w3c errors.

Since I am into "optimization" for the past weeks I am wondering why the results between different test sites can differ so much. And I do not mean your site in particular, but I mean when I take test om pingdom, GT or your site, the results can differ pretty much (I know that every second test is alwayd better).

Thanks for your feedback HavanA.

There are a lot of factors that have to be taken into account regarding speed results, for instance :

- the bandwidth used for the test (DareBoost values are 8Mbps/2Mbps)

- your server's load at the moment of the test

- the localisation of the test server

- etc...

(I know that every second test is alwayd better).

That should not be the case with DareBoost tests, I can check if you give me an address.

Thanks for shining a light on these differences, I understand now.

Since yesterday my site is fast and fully optimized. Before that, when testing on GT or PD, the second test was always acceptable/fast, but the first was moderate/slow. I guess that the fact that it was not optimized enough, produced these different results, because now all test are stable (but I am not sure if these differences between two similar tests were also there with DareBoost)

I just tested again and it makes me smile: https://www.dareboost.com/en/report/5325ab2de4b0c01497606db8

Loaded in 1.12 seconds.

YEAH !   B)

I just did mine and here are the results.

Since my test is base solely on prestashop directly out of the box meaning a fresh install no modifications at all except that I removed all demo products, could it be an indication that some tweaking could be done to improve the WC3 validation by prestashop?

https://www.dareboost.com/en/report/5325c7f7e4b0c01497606e54

Also keep in mind that I am not a website programmer at all, so my 2 cents is worth just that 2 cents

There can be really good motives to have some liberties with W3C validation. Nevertheless, it seems (I checked very quickly) that only on type of error is present, but several times. It's really not a major one, and it could probably be fixed easily.

But there will be no problem for your visitors related to this error, that's what matters.

• 3 months later...

Hello I'm using Presta 1.6 with the default theme and switched to a VPS to improve my website speed.

before I was on cheap shared hosting. Website load according to Pingdom on the old hosting 4 sec.

Webmastertools gave me a "green 89/100 this I think is verry important, google realy likes speed.

So spending time and money on a VPS (with fast harddrives i think its called solid state) would make me think it would better the results.

it did pingdom now ön VPS 2.5 sec. so far so good, webmastertools now gives me a red 61/100 and says to better encript to increase speed. for instance

v_107_469da407a4ad45c0738dda04d890d7d3_all.css 223kb encripting it should save 70% but I don't know how I can do this...

-------------

- Memcached

- recompile when change

- all smart ccs on

above my settings,

pleas advise on what I could do to make google webmastertools happy, also please post your testresults stating:

settings performance b.o.

hosting

pingdom

webmastertools

etc

Edited by guidor (see edit history)